Indie publisher Digerati has announced that Monster Slayers, a card-based rogue-like adventure game, is launching on Nintendo Switch this April.
Developed by Nerdook (the team behind Reverse Crawl and Vertical Drop Heroes), Monster Slayers arrives on Switch after having successful launches on Steam, PS4, and Xbox One. The game is described as a "rogue-like deck-building RPG adventure with an innovative card-based battle system that lets you customize a deck to suit your play style".
Players must create a hero to join the Monster Slayers Guild and choose a path through the perilous Northern Valley, following their quest to defeat the legendary Harbinger and become a true Monster Slayer. We've got a list of key features and a couple of screenshots for you below.
- Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monstrous foes using a unique card-based combat system
- Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
- Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
- Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
- 12 different character classes to choose from: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer
- Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
- Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
- Beat the game to unlock the ultimate challenge: Legendary Mode
- Inspired by the much-loved deck-building RPG, Dream Quest, created by Peter Whalen (Hearthstone)
The game launches on Nintendo Switch on 5th April; you'll be able to get your hands on it by downloading it from the eShop.
Do you like the look of this one? Have you played it before on other platforms? Share your thoughts with us below.