Digerati has confirmed the release date for its upcoming bullet-hell shoot 'em up title Shikhondo - Soul Eater. The game will be available on Switch on 30th August.
Created by Korean indie developer DeerFarm, Shikhondo - Soul Eater features hypnotic barrage patterns, enemies inspired by Asian mythology, and some truly beautiful artwork as seen in the trailer above. Console versions of the game will introduce an all-new two-player local co-op mode, making this the first time players will be able to take on Shikhondo with a friend.
- Five stages of intense bullet-hell action and hypnotic barrage patterns
- Game modes include: Arcade, Hardcore, Boss Rush and Local Co-op
- Fly close to enemy bullets to fill the Soul Gauge and unleash a super attack for high scores
- Two playable characters, each with their own types of attack
- Online leaderboards for high score glory
- Demonic enemies and bosses inspired by Asian mythology
- Stunning and intricate Oriental artwork
Two physical editions have also been announced - one standard, and one limited. The limited edition features a Soul Eater Collector’s Box, the game, a manual, the original soundtrack, and a numbered certificate. Both the limited and standard physical editions will see just 2,500 copies be sold, and are both available to pre-order from Play-Asia. The release date for these is still to be confirmed.
Will you be jumping into the bullet-hell action on Switch next week? Or will you wait to grab a physical copy? Let us know below.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.