Variety is the spice of life, and thanks to the insane variety of this 10th episode of our chip and game music podcast NLFM you'll be feeling that spice for hours after consumption.
It's so spicy that we think we've got flavor for every mood, whether you're in the market for bathroom fisticuffs, looking to revisit the pop music of your youth or feel like you need a day in the sun. So open that bandwidth pipe and let the good times pour through the Internets into your ear canal.
Climbing in your ear hole, snatching your rhythm up:
1. Tomoya Tomita, Jun Ishikawa, Hirokazu Ando — Butter Building (Kirby's Epic Yarn, Wii)
2. Tim and Geoff Follin — Beach (Plok, SNES)
3. Romain Gauthier — Battle (Magnetis, WiiWare)
4. Ozzed — The Day Time Ran Away (8-bit Empire)
5. ComputeHer — New York (Modemoiselle)
6. Jake Kaufman (virt) — The Last Battle (Shantae: Risky's Revenge, DSiWare)
7. danny B — The Battle of Lil' Slugger (Super Meat Boy, XBLA/PC/Wii?)
8. Gaijin Games — Frustration (BIT.TRIP FATE, WiiWare)
9. David Arnold — Stealth (GoldenEye 007, Wii)
10. Arman Bohn — Head Over Heels (Synthlove EP)
In case you've missed out on the fun so far, NLFM generally focuses on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. It's not all games either as we highlight chip musicians and albums we really like.
To prevent the feeling of walls that look like pants that comes with missing episodes, subscribe to our Podcast feed (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes (don't forget to rate us!), so show the podcasts some love as there is plenty more good stuff lined up for the future.
Also be sure to send in your musical contributions, requests and what have you to help make NLFM way more rad.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.