A stealthy switch
If you were about during the Wii U era, you might recall a 2015 Kickstarter project for the 2D stealth platformer Sneaky Ninja. After a successful campaign, the plan was to release it on Nintendo's latest system at the time, but this never actually happened. Fast forward to 2018, and the game's develope
"The stealth game Nintendo would make"
For Wii U eShop fans wondering what's still coming in 2017, there's good news as 2D stealth platformer Sneaky Ninja is planned to land on the store early next year. We're assured that the game plays like something between Mario and Mark of the Ninja, combining lighthearted platforming with tactical stealth...
Sneaky Ninja is the stealth game Nintendo would make. It's a mix of Mario and Mark of the Ninja, featuring the lighthearted platforming fun of Mario and the strategic stealth action of Mark of the Ninja, wrapped in a unique visual style and accompanied by an atmospheric soundtrack.
- A game for all ages: difficulty modes radically change the gameplay so everyone can play at their own level, from the most casual to the most hardcore
- Use weapons like shuriken, arrows, and your trusty blade to strike from the shadows, create distractions with rocks and smokebombs to make an opening, or leave traps with sticky bombs and sharp tacks
- Use the environment as your disguise: take cover in bushes, trees, wells, or underwater until you get your chance
- Take advantage of your ninja agility to reach new paths and slip through unseen: hang from ledges, walljump up walls, swing from vines, climb ivy, and bounce off mushrooms
- Magical powers allow you to extinguish light sources from a distance, teleport through walls or into cover, and even temporarily freeze time. Use everything you've got to give you an advantage over your powerful enemies and make it out alive
- Choose from four playable characters that each have their own unique ability that gears them towards different playstyles, like Sensei Shoji's bush disguise or Sharpshooter Kaida's ability to slow down time while aiming projectiles