If your memories of the school playground feature scary bullies and kiss chase, then you might want to let EA's latest kiddie-friendly title repair the damage.
There was a time when publishers were seen as the trendsetters in this industry. When Rockstar released Grand Theft Auto it tapped into the consciousness of the gaming public, triggering a...
About The Game
EA Playground offers endless hours of entertainment for all-ages. It is the ultimate party play experience, where bragging rights are at stake as you take on your friends and family in fun and immersive playground games. There’s also a deep single player campaign that has you in pursuit of the coveted Playground King title, where you’re exploring the world, unlocking new locations and challenging colourful in-game characters in a variety of activities.
EA Playground features games that are easy to pick-up-and-play by fully capitalizing on the unique control mechanics of both the Wii and the Nintendo DS. Included are featured games that can be enjoyed in both the single player and multiplayer mode. There are also activity games that are played throughout the single player campaign to earn power-ups and collectables. Every game brings its own twist to the controls for the definitive, all-ages, gaming experience. See below for all the games that will be included in EA Playground.
Featured playground games on the Wii:
- Dodgeball - Take on your opponents in an attempt to knock them out of the game in this fast paced multi round experience. Up to four players can dodge, catch and throw lighting fast balls just like in real life.
- Paper Racers - Throw and navigate your paper airplane through challenging Playground courses, collecting power ups and other bonuses along the way in a race to the finish line.
- Kicks - Take on your opponents in this fresh new experience where Soccer meets volleyball and goals are the result of spectacular aerial kicks!
- Dart Shootout - Test your accuracy skills in this exciting game that has your shooting and ducking your way through the playground to the final boss battle.
- Wall Ball - Enjoy this fast paced game of wall ball where the speed of the ball increases with each powerful shot. Strategically choose where you want to hit the ball and watch it rapidly ricochet by your opponent!
- Slot Car Racing - Take on up to three opponents in this speedy slot car racing experience that has you flying through ramps, landing mega jumps and even getting a chance to zap your opponents off course!
- Tetherball - Go head to head against your opponents in this tension mounting experience. Try to wrap the tetherball around the pole before your opponent does.
Activity games for the Wii:
- Freethrows - While exploring the playground world, take some time out to shoot around and earn marbles.
- Bug Hunt - During your world exploration if you see a bug, take out your net and give chase. Successful swat and catch the bug and earn some rewards.
- Dribbling – Pick up a basketball and bounce it in rhythm for a defined number of times before the clock runs out on you! If you’re successful you’ll earn yourself some more marbles.