Now this is how you're supposed to update a classic
Originally released in 1989 on the NES console, A Boy and His Blob was quickly praised for its originality and unique gameplay ideas. Unfortunately, it was also criticized for its often sluggish control system and sometimes confusing level designs. Over the years several developers have created...
It's not uncommon for creative minds at studios to strike out on their own. With limited budgets and resources, companies are sometimes hesitant to take big risks on games that don't necessarily sound like a profitable idea. If the developer really believes that the game is special, he or she may take a chance and shoulder the...
Games that tug the heartstrings
Valentine's Day is sometimes derided as a "Hallmark Holiday" - a day created for shops to sell stuff like greeting cards and chocolates due to feelings of obligation. Despite this, it must be said that having a day in which you're expected to express love and devotion to those closest to you can't be all...
The first trailer is online now, and it looks rather tasty...
We're big fans of A Boy and His Blob here at Nintendo Life - in fact, you may remember a recent podcast featured an exclusive interview with creators WayForward! - so we were very excited to see the first trailer metamorphasise into view. As you can see, the game's 2D animation is...
Exclusive new screens of WayForward's upcoming Wii title in action!
Well just when we decided to run the batch of A Boy and His Blob screens that were used in the WayForward interview we did, Sean Velasco, Designer/Director at WayForward, sent Nintendo Life over a brand new batch of 10 exclusive screenshots of the game in action for everyone to...
A tale of friends, heroes and… jelly beans?
When the blob crash lands on earth, he finds an unlikely hero in a young boy to help him return to his enslaved home planet. Armed with nothing but a bag full of jelly beans and an unparalleled friendship, this pair of heroes will take you on an adventure that spans the galaxy.
a boy and his blob makes it’s triumphant return! A re-imagining of the NES classic, as the boy, you feed your blob jelly beans and watch him transform into cool and useful objects to solve puzzles and escape danger. With its robust and emotionally driven story, challenging puzzles, and visually impressive art style, a boy and his blob is sure to become a classic once again.
- Experience the heartwarming story through an all-new, hand-drawn and animated presentation designed exclusively for Wii.
- Teamwork is key: the boy has limited movement and strength, so you must use your blob friend to transform into useful objects to get to things or places the boy cannot access alone.
- Transform the blob into 15 useful items by feeding him jelly beans such as the all-new Cream Cannon and Bubble Gum Bouncer and classic beans like the Licorice Ladder, Apple Jack and Tangerine Trampoline!
- Travel through the Blobolonian Outskirts to the Emperor’s Citadel through 40 breathtaking levels filled with hidden treasures!
- 40 additional challenge levels will put your skills to the ultimate test!
- Battle baddies and evil bosses that terrorize Blobolonia, including the Serpent, Quadruped Beast, and even the Blobolonian Emperor himself!
- Unlock bonus content including original concept art, videos and more.
- Keep the blob happy by using the all-new “Hug Button”!