Sorry, no Age of Empires: The Age of Kings review yet.
Age of Empires: The Age of Kings for the Nintendo DS is based on the best-selling PC RTS title of all time: Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. Players command five different civilizations, build armies and take them on scores of campaigns. Boasting turn-based strategy game play, Age of Empires: The Age of Kings allows players to move from the Dark Ages through the Middle Ages with one goal in mind: domination of the known world.
Game Play Features:
- Command one of five different civilizations: the Britons, Franks, Mongols, Saracens, and Japanese.
- Take control of special 'Hero' units like Richard the Lionheart, Robin Hood, Joan of Arc, Genghis Khan, and Saladin among others who command special 'hero' powers affecting the entire battlefield.
- Command over 45 different types of units from bowmen and monks to hand cannoneers, mercenaries and samurai.
- Turn-based combat, new to the Age of Empires franchise, keeps the battle moving at the player-preferred pace.
- Players construct & upgrade buildings like town centers, mines, universities and 'wonders' to help units learn new skills and create resources for their civilizations.
- Players research over 50 different technologies like chemistry, ballistics, siege craft and spying among others to take their civilization into the next age.
- Get help from the new Combat Advisor who provides advice on certain campaign strategies and an indication of how the battle will go.
- Multiplayer scenarios allowing up to 4 players to battle each other wirelessly.
- Gain Empire Points to unlock maps & units and improve Emperor Rank.
- Original music and sound effects from top-selling PC version.
- Based on Ensemble Studio's PC mega-hit, Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings.