Forums

Topic: Shovel Knight

Posts 301 to 320 of 350

kkslider5552000

It seems like my achievements for beating the game vanished (and only those ones specifically). I'm assuming that's why Plague of Shadows had to be activated via cheat code.

Weird...

It's fun but one of the parts of the first stage made me feel like an idiot. Died like 10 times in the same place. Unless I'm missing something that was way too difficult for level 1.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

@kkslider5552000: If you're talking about the Part with the big hole area followed by a small area with a bug like enemy and the hanging ladder on the far right then I also died there about 10 times. In some ways it seems easier and others not so much.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

skywake

@dumedum:
It's nice but at the same time not too surprising. I mean it is a game that leans pretty heavily on games from the NES era. Most of the people who still buy into that sort of nostalgia are either on Nintendo platforms or PC. Because that's where that content usually sits. The fact that it launched first on Wii U, 3DS and PC probably also helped quite a bit.

That said, it launched on Steam globally all at once. It wasn't on Wii U or 3DS for quite a while in most regions. Combined with the relative size of install base of the Wii U in particular? It's pretty impressive. And again probably goes back to the fact that it's a "Nintendo-like" game. I personally waited for the Wii U/3DS release.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

dumedum

@skywake could be, but third parties could have made Nintendo-like games or tried to do new things and could have succeeded. Is Splatoon a Nintendo-like game? They had ample opportunities to succeed on the Wii U if they put the effort, like Shovel Knight did.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

DefHalan

I don't think Shovel Knight being a Nintendo-like game had much of anything to do with it. I think it is just a level of quality and marketing. Shovel Knight was handled better than most AAA games, when it comes to Wii U releases. Even if Shovel Knight wasn't a timed exclusive, I think it would have found huge success on the Wii U. The game released pretty much when people expected it to, when it did release it worked how people expected it to, marketing focused on how much fun people were going to have (not intense story moments or showing off how powerful the game engine is) It was less about making a Nintendo-like game, and more about making a game that looks fun, in my opinion.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Henmii

I just want to say the dlc is awesome! It lets you play the game in a different way, and there are also new areas and even new levels. I love it!

@Spoony_Tech,

Lol me too! The first time I didn't have much trouble, maybe died 1 or 2 times. But when I replayed the level (and had a fantastic run) I died many times in this section. Poof, all my money gone!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

kkslider5552000

Plague of Shadows finished. It was great, but how complicated it could be compared to the original means that at least now I feel the original game is still unquestionably better.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Hendesu

Plague of Shadows.....was not good as I expected.

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Eel

I preordered this from amazon ages ago and it still hasn't even shipped.

Apparently they're having trouble meeting the demand, though idk if that means it sold too well, or they had too few copies.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anthracks

I was so happy when I saw a full color manual in the box.

Anthracks

BulbasaurusRex

I finally got around to trying out Plague of Shadows, but I'm stuck in the opening level. There's a place where I need to destroy breakable blocks above me to continue. The two lowest ones can be destroyed with a simple bomb burst, but I have no way of hitting the ones above them that I can tell. What do I do?

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Haru17

Retro trash.

Untitled

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Akane

The new Specter Knight footage looks nice. Too bad it's still months away from release.

Vendetta-Strada - A mafia game forum
Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors Legends, Pokémon Shuffle

Nintendo Network ID: NonEgo

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

I finally got around to trying out Plague of Shadows, but I'm stuck in the opening level. There's a place where I need to destroy breakable blocks above me to continue. The two lowest ones can be destroyed with a simple bomb burst, but I have no way of hitting the ones above them that I can tell. What do I do?

Yay, I finally figured out how to get past this part! How the heck was I supposed to know you could use the Bomb Burst in mid-air if you charge it first and continue to hold the charge while jumping?! Yacht Club Games really needs to update the instruction manual with these DLC releases.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Shahinshah

It has so much free stuff. It's kinda suspicious

Shahinshah

FGPackers

I asked Yacht Club on Twitter this: "If i buy only Specter of Torment on Switch, will i be able to get next NEW campaigns for free?". Their answer: "No. Specter of Torment will only receive updates specific to Specter Knight". So that means that if you want on Switch all campaigns (even the newest ones after Specter) you will need to buy the entire game again. They lost a customer on this one...

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

FGPackers

@Tsurii Yeah i got it after i asked Yacht Club. But i thought i could buy Specter and have next campaigns (not previous) since i bought the game already on Wii U. That's disappointing. I'm not going to buy it again

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Monkey_Balls

Posting here because the SK Wii U threads are really old... If I buy the physical version pre-owned will I still be able to access the DLC? Some games have the DLC tied to codes - is SK the same or will it just recognise the disc and allow the downloads?

If not, then I'll go digital. SK is 33%-off until March 2nd. Thanks.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Sorry, this topic has been locked.