Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,561 to 5,580 of 27,917

SheldonRandoms

Pit's victory song should be included when he wins , that would be soooooooooooooooooo amazing XD

And Zelda's great ball of fire is even greater now!!!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Budda

Pic of the day <--
This attack was my favourite attack to annoy my friends.
Now that it gets stronger, I will troll like a pro! lol

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

SG9000

It seems that Sakurai decided to make every smasher more powerful, but with sone kind of catch (Mac's Power Meter is a perfect example). This gives it a Melee feel, which is the only thing I hated in Brawl (other than broken MK).

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

Jazzer94

Hmm it doesn't really bother me but I don't think this particular move needed to be stronger.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Adam

An irritating move. Too fast, powerful, and easy to aim with a pretty big damage radius. Glad it will at least only knockback on direct hit.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Snagrio

It's especially nasty in 4 player free-for-alls where Zelda can run off to one side and blast everyone else from a good distance.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Pazzo-TheFool

WingedSnagret wrote:

It's especially nasty in 4 player free-for-alls where Zelda can run off to one side and blast everyone else from a good distance.

Throw in items, and you get my Church's youth meeting Smash Bros. Games. Those guys sure love them items...

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Blast

... Yup there's a reason why my friends and I always turn items off.
Heck, I'm gonna try to do no items matches when I fight online.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

No items matches are so boring. It seems that playing that way semi defeats the purpose of smash brothers in some ways. If I want to play a serious fighting game I have about 5000 other games to play, When I play smash I want to break Mario's face with a home run bat.

Melee is joining this year's Evo line up. If I were Nintendo I would take SSBWU to Evo this year and let the guys there play it. Microsoft took Killer Instinct to Evo and got a ton of good word of mouth from it.

Hopefully Sakurai takes a well dersved break and in two to three years come back with a game on PlayStation.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

No items matches are so boring. It seems that playing that way semi defeats the purpose of smash brothers in some ways. If I want to play a serious fighting game I have about 5000 other games to play, When I play smash I want to break Mario's face with a home run bat.

Melee is joining this year's Evo line up. If I were Nintendo I would take SSBWU to Evo this year and let the guys there play it. Microsoft took Killer Instinct to Evo and got a ton of good word of mouth from it.

Hopefully Sakurai takes a well dersved break and in two to three years come back with a game on PlayStation.

First things first... matches WITHOUT items aren't boring. They rely solely and purely on SKILL and knowledge of combat!!! There is nothing wrong with items cuz they are fun to play with but I usually avoid them.
2.. Did you really just say you hope Sakurai comes back from his deserved break WITH A GAME ON PLAYSTATION????

Edited on by Blast

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

First things first... matches WITHOUT items aren't boring. They rely solely and purely on SKILL and knowledge of combat!!! There is nothing wrong with items cuz they are fun to play with but I usually avoid them.
2.. Did you really just say you hope Sakurai comes back from his deserved break WITH A GAME ON PLAYSTATION????

1. I personally don't think Smash has enough when it comes to mechanics to build a competent fighting game but I could be wrong. Hell even Playstation All Stars I;d say is a better base fighting game than Smash is.

2. Yep Yep Yep, I like Sakurai and its not like the dude's beholden to make a game for Nintendo or anything. I'd also like to see somone like Udea make a game with Nintendo. Apparently Platinum's next game is rumored to be exclusive to Xbox One.

Wouldn't mind seeing Sony give him Japan Studio and a good amount of resources to see what happens.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Blast

@shingi_70 ... sarcasm I wanna see Naughty Dog create a game for Nintendo! I wanna see Santa Monica develop a game for Microsoft!!!

Master of the Hype Train

LzWinky

Who cares about skill and fighter knowledge? Kicking the crap out of characters you don't like never gets old!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Orngeblu

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Zelda's Din's Fire is now stronger in its core. The farther it's projected, the bigger and more powerful it will be, but you need to hit foes with the core if you want to make them fall."

"you need to hit foes with the CORE if you want to make them FALL" Is he saying you can now Meteor Smash with Din's Fire? So, if I'm off-stage (assuming this IS what Sakurai means), you can hurl a Din's Fire at me for a Meteor Smash? Sounds pretty OP...well, maybe not so hard to hit, but that would likely be no problem for a high level player.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

@shingi_70 ... sarcasm I wanna see Naughty Dog create a game for Nintendo! I wanna see Santa Monica develop a game for Microsoft!!!

Well that would be good and dandy but your point doesn't make any sense if were considering the fact that those are developers that are owned by one enity and not the other. Now saying you'd like to see Amy Henning or say Scott Shuman at Nintendo would make sense.

Sakurai doesn't work for Nintendo and hasn't since Melee iirc. As far as indiviual developers go dude is up their with Shinji Mikami, Keji Infuane, Ron Gilbert that can go from pub to pub making games.

Dude even praised the system in his newest column. For argument's sale it doesn't have to be sony for that matter. I'd love to see Sakurai team up with Comcept, Platnuim, or someone like double fine.

n the latest issue of Famitsu, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and for Nintendo 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai shared his impressions on PlayStation 4 during a column.

The Sora Ltd. and Project Sora founder, mostly known for working on Nintendo platforms, is generally open about his appreciation of other platforms.

“Let me begin by saying that I don’t care for faction wars like Nintendo versus SCEJA,” Sakurai opened in the column.

“PlayStation 4 is good-looking, the DualShock 4 is light and using it feels good, Remote Play can reliably handle even action games, and the network functionality is well done. The machine power is another attractive factor, there is no loss of detail in the image, and it looks so natural and spontaneous that you often forget that you’re playing a game.”

He continued, “It’s a good thing if creators can make stylish games without putting in a ton of time on that. I hope that a masterpiece will come with bells tolling. This is definitely not a period that will leave us without the possibility of playing rich games.”

WAT!

LzWinky

@Orngeblu That's also assuming your opponent doesn't jump out of the way. Din's Fire is probably easier to dodge

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Orngeblu

shingi_70 wrote:

1. I personally don't think Smash has enough when it comes to mechanics to build a competent fighting game but I could be wrong.

If anything, Melee is definitely a competent fighting game, with it's mechanics. But what about Brawl? Since Brawl has almost 0 combo's, and if anything, you do find a combo, it's either no more than 2-3 consecutive hits and/or followed up by reads and possibly more consecutive hits followed up on that read. (A read is basically attempting to predict an opponents next move based on their position/habits) In Brawl, given what I said about lack of guaranteed combo's, it's a lot about trading hits, so in some cases, this can be a game of rock paper scissors. But I've noticed how people I've played, or even top players (who I haven't played, only watched), how do they manage to stay above me, or in the top players case, remain a top player? That can't really be answered, but I think it proves Brawl isn't so luck-based as some people think it to be, so I think it's competent enough to be played competitively. :I Here's just my thoughts on the matter anyways.

There are some mechanics like DI (Directional Influence) and Teching, DI being the most important. Teching is really situational in Brawl. If someone is going to stage spike you on the corner of the stage, you can tech it as soon as you hit the wall to save yourself. It'll stop you right in your tracks.

I've seen someone say Brawl is more about mental stamina than it is technical skill (Melee), I'm not too sure if that's entirely correct or not though. :I

I personally like playing with items off, and friendly matches online. Blast, we are so playing when this game releases!

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

DreamyViridi

@Orngeblu - I don't think he means "fall" literally.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Orngeblu

DreamyViridi wrote:

@Orngeblu - I don't think he means "fall" literally.

Yeah, maybe. :/

Jazzer94 wrote:

Hmm it doesn't really bother me but I don't think this particular move needed to be stronger.

Din's Fire is incredibly easy to evade, just press L. (Or R, aka shield)

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic