Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,961 to 21,980 of 27,917

Jazzer94

Its a mix up with Diddy - Dirty Money - Coming Home ft. Skylar Grey.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TeeJay

@VeeFlamesNL Technicalities, sshh. You'll ruin the moment

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

Something I thought about: The end of the voting doesn't necessarily have to be the only time they choose a character from the ballot. Lets say they see that Shovel Knight has tons of support by E3. Maybe they'll announce plans to work on him at E3. Or lets say Erma (XCX) has a ton of support in August. They may agree to start working on her. When or how many times is completely beyond me, but I just felt like pointing out that this is, indeed possible.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Something I thought about: The end of the voting doesn't necessarily have to be the only time they choose a character from the ballot. Lets say they see that Shovel Knight has tons of support by E3. Maybe they'll announce plans to work on him at E3. Or lets say Erma (XCX) has a ton of support in August. They may agree to start working on her. When or how many times is completely beyond me, but I just felt like pointing out that this is, indeed possible.

True, but within reason. Again, Shovel Knight has not been released in Japan, so doubt they'd go there, but if they get a ton of requests for, lets say Wolf or Dixie Kong, I think they'd pick the top first party characters at different times for DLC development.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Undead_terror

Tsuchinoko wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

True, but within reason. Again, Shovel Knight has not been released in Japan, so doubt they'd go there.

Sad that it is a bit true but when Melee came out and they released Fire Emblem characters that could of been Japan exclusives since the west didn't know about Fire Emblem....

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TuVictus

Phil Spencer says he'd totally be on board for Nintendo to use Banjo in SSB. That'd be like a dream come true

TuVictus

Tsuchinoko

Undead_terror wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

True, but within reason. Again, Shovel Knight has not been released in Japan, so doubt they'd go there.

Sad that it is a bit true but when Melee came out and they released Fire Emblem characters that could of been Japan exclusives since the west didn't know about Fire Emblem....

Sure, but Marth, Roy and Lucas are Nintendo characters. Its their own property that they developed and knew and own the rights to. Shovel Knight is created by a foreign indie third party who haven't released their game in the country of Smashes production. Its a very different situation.

CapeSmash

Here's what Phill Spencer (aka the Reggie Fills Aime of Xbox) said about Banjo being in Smash:

"I think it would be cool if Banjo was in the next SSB DLC. We've worked with Nintendo on Rare IP before, no issues."

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

ZurrrrBlattTron

Excuse me if I'm wrong but didn't Iwata state that the character ballot applies only to the next Smash?

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

DefHalan

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

Excuse me if I'm wrong but didn't Iwata state that the character ballot applies only to the next Smash?

When did he say that?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

No, and I don't believe he specified it was for DLC, either, but that's the assumption, given the timing. Willing to bet Wolf is coming out in September or October, then we might see the fighter ballot character in early 2016.

DreamyViridi

UGXwolf wrote:

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

No, and I don't believe he specified it was for DLC, either, but that's the assumption, given the timing. Willing to bet Wolf is coming out in September or October, then we might see the fighter ballot character in early 2016.

Assuming we're only getting one character out of it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SirGalvan

CapeSmash wrote:

Here's what Phill Spencer (aka the Reggie Fills Aime of Xbox) said about Banjo being in Smash:

"I think it would be cool if Banjo was in the next SSB DLC. We've worked with Nintendo on Rare IP before, no issues."

This would make my dreams come true but would also need a Grunty assist trophy

Edited on by SirGalvan

Tsuchinoko

DreamyViridi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

I've been hearing it a lot though! There's lots of blogs that are talking about this "last character" ballot, but I haven't seen anything official stating that. Where is that coming from?

DreamyViridi

Tsuchinoko wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

I've been hearing it a lot though! There's lots of blogs that are talking about this "last character" ballot, but I haven't seen anything official stating that. Where is that coming from?

I haven't heard anything official myself, I think people are just assuming that the ballot is for just one character. Which is a fair guess though more than one candidate can come from this imo.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

veeflames

@TheGreatBrawler Hopefully we get to fight real soon. Unfortunately, right now I'm trying to cut down on playing Smash(I play it a lot when I'm supposed to be playing something else), so don't expect a lot of matches*.
Details. What what time will you be online tommorow? I want to go swimming tommorow, probably in the afternoon, so an convenient time range would be nice. And remember, voice chat-less matches.

*That's not to say I'll stop playing quickly. XD LOL. We shall see, though.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

JunkosBoobies

So, apparently Lucas is banned from EVO 2015. Due to the fact that he's coming out a month before EVO, and nobody really has enough time to practice against him in that case.

Source

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

So, apparently Lucas is banned from EVO 2015. Due to the fact that he's coming out a month before EVO, and nobody really has enough time to practice against him in that case.

Source

I guess I could somewhat understand. Oh well. He'll get his chance next year.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

@PKNoUsernameHere This is why people argue the competitive community is afraid of a challenge. I can understand why they're doing that, but to me, it still sounds like a bunch of children crying about the new character being OP and then coming up with a reason to follow it. Again, I understand the logic behind it and don't necessarily disagree, but that doesn't change what it comes across as.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic