Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,141 to 15,160 of 27,917

camerica1618

Well I was still hoping that the part of the leak that said Mach Rider, Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Impa would be playable was true. I know I'll still enjoy the game, but I can't help but be disappointed. As extremely happy as I am that there was a 3DS version of the game, there's a part of me that's upset that it seems to be holding back the developers from going all out. I kinda wish Sakurai didn't stick with his rule of "Both versions will have the same roster." That's probably my BIGGEST complaint about the game. Hopefully he won't stick to the same stupid rule for Smash 5. Other than that I'm still very excited. I'd be lying if I said my hype was still crazy high, but I know I'll still play the game to death.

camerica1618

IceClimbers

So I decided to venture into the chaos of the Smash Bros Community on Miiverse. The first post I saw made my day:

♪ You better watch out. ♪ You better not cry. ♪ You better not pout I'm tellin' you why. ♪ Villager is coming to town ♪

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MrWalkieTalkie

C-Olimar wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Review of the roster!

• An impressively large selection! Lot's of characters and most of them play very uniquely.
  • Plenty of unexpected participants (Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Greninja, Duck Hunt)
  • Best selection of 3rd Party characters yet! You can't top these 3!
  • Some franchises strangely get more reps than more deserving / expected (ie: Fire Emblem get's 4 while Donkey Kong & Metroid still get's only 2)
  • Very questionable decisions on some character additions, especially Dark Pit & Dr. Mario being their own separate characters, especially after we've learned that characters like Olimar & Bowser Jr. will be able to switch to completely different characters as alternate costumes. So why we couldn't just do this with Pit & Mario is beyond me.
  • Pretty upsetting even more seeing as we've got these clones rather than more unique clones like Wolf & Lucas. Especially since the franchises they're from are already lacking in representation.
  • But the biggest issue to me is the lack of Ice Climbers.

Overall, there's still a lot of uniqueness here in this roster. Not to mention it's biggest roster yet! So while not every character is desirable, and some that we've come to love are now gone, there's still a lot to have fun with! But disappointment is always inevitable in Smash, so why bother complaining? It's a bit upsetting, but it's the best roster yet!

Dark Pit and the Doc have different moves and physics to Pit and Mario while Alph and the Koopalings control exactly the same as their counterparts.

I'm aware of that, but their changes are so slight that they don't seem all that necessary to have been done, so I don't really see the point in giving them slight changes to make them separate. I don't feel like I'm explaining it right, eh.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

KryptoniteKrunch

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Review of the roster!

• An impressively large selection! Lot's of characters and most of them play very uniquely.
  • Plenty of unexpected participants (Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Greninja, Duck Hunt)
  • Best selection of 3rd Party characters yet! You can't top these 3!
  • Some franchises strangely get more reps than more deserving / expected (ie: Fire Emblem get's 4 while Donkey Kong & Metroid still get's only 2)
  • Very questionable decisions on some character additions, especially Dark Pit & Dr. Mario being their own separate characters, especially after we've learned that characters like Olimar & Bowser Jr. will be able to switch to completely different characters as alternate costumes. So why we couldn't just do this with Pit & Mario is beyond me.
  • Pretty upsetting even more seeing as we've got these clones rather than more unique clones like Wolf & Lucas. Especially since the franchises they're from are already lacking in representation.
  • But the biggest issue to me is the lack of Ice Climbers.

Overall, there's still a lot of uniqueness here in this roster. Not to mention it's biggest roster yet! So while not every character is desirable, and some that we've come to love are now gone, there's still a lot to have fun with! But disappointment is always inevitable in Smash, so why bother complaining? It's a bit upsetting, but it's the best roster yet!

Good post. I disagree though about Lucas and Wolf being "unique clones" Wolf and Lucas really weren't that much different from Fox and Ness. Wolf was slower but stronger and Lucas had like one different PSI attack if I recall correctly.

I'm pretty confident that we'll get some DLC packs. So some characters veterans and newcomers will hopefully get a second chance.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

MsJubilee

Well guys right now i'm drinking Ridley and Mewtwo fans tears.And let me tell you there's alot of tears in this cup.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Justlink

Wonder what tomorrows PoTD will be? Probably a pic of the final roster

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

IceClimbers

So will the alt costumes get their own crowd chants? If so, I wonder if Sakurai decided to troll again by having the crowd chant for the Roy alt be "Roy's our boy! Roy's our boy!".

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

PrincessSugoi

Did the Ridley and Mewtwo fans really annoy THAT many people? X-D

Edited on by PrincessSugoi

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

LzWinky

Swiket wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Well guys right now i'm drinking Ridley and Mewtwo fans tears.And let me tell you there's alot of tears in this cup.

It's pretty great.

Untitled

There is such a thing as being too obsessed. At that point, very few people would even sympathize...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

justlink wrote:

Nah. Nintendo likes to pretend the internet doesn't exist, so we'll probably continue to get a trickle of information we already know all the way up to launch.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LzWinky

TeeJay wrote:

justlink wrote:

Nah. Nintendo likes to pretend the internet doesn't exist, so we'll probably continue to get a trickle of information we already know all the way up to launch.

You do realize there's only 1-2 posts before release, right?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

justlink wrote:

I would guess a picture of the starting Roster

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TuVictus

Swiket wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

It's pretty great.

Untitled

He has some serious issues if that's really how he feels.

TuVictus

TeeJay

WaLzgi wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

justlink wrote:

You do realize there's only 1-2 posts before release, right?

I'm obviously talking about the American release.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

It seems no one has found trophies for Ridley or Mewtwo yet (nor Dixie or the Chorus kids, but those don't really need trophies I guess).

Not it means anything, of course.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

I keep forgetting that you'll be able to customize your own movesets in this game. I'm so hyped for that! That means when I play people online and we all pick mega man, chances are we'll still be fighting very differently. (Assuming it's not For Glory mode of course)

TuVictus

TeeJay

Operative wrote:

I keep forgetting that you'll be able to customize your own movesets in this game. I'm so hyped for that! That means when I play people online and we all pick mega man, chances are we'll still be fighting very differently. (Assuming it's not For Glory mode of course)

You can't use custom movesets online. Only during local play.

TeeJay

You're still going on about that? Really?

TuVictus

TeeJay wrote:

Operative wrote:

Not even in for fun matches?

TuVictus

MrWalkieTalkie

TeeJay wrote:

Operative wrote:

Or online with friends

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic