Magi

Sean007s wrote:

oh ahem gears of war 3 is coming.

I'm looking forward to it.

Magi

OldBoy

Sean007s wrote:

Yes looking forward to that one.I'm about 1/2 way through the second one after having it sat unopened for over a year (damn backlog ,grrrrrr ). Its great up to now.I wonder if they'll change the formula much for the third one.The second one has been pretty varied up to this point.

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

RandomWiiPlayer

Don't like Gears at all, I'll pass.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

CanisWolfred

Sean007s wrote:

I hope they do more with it than they did with Gear of War 2. Horde mode was great, but asside from that, there really wasn't a whole lot in that game that wasn't in the original.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I'm not one who likes the music genre very much, but I can't wait for Green Day: Rock Band! My favorite band is getting a game! Play.com recently revealed that the entire albums of Dookie and American Idiot will be on there, along with others. I'm probably the only person on the internet who still likes Green Day, though.

Nope Im a Green Day fan myself. They already have a few songs out for DLC on Rock Band 2 and I own them all. Great band and great fun on drums (as I actually play for real as well lol) on Rock Band.

.... Update.... I went to buy Perfect Dark on Live and realized that my LIve subscription was up, and me and my Brother in Law swaped consoles back when I had the PS3 and he had the 360 and he bought a PS3 awhile back and I got the 360 from him and had it ever since. Well I didnt want to pay to renew it and he didnt either, so he was like "Screw it, Im selling it" so the 360 is now gone. Sorry guys, back to PS3 only for my HD Gaming Needs. Nothing really against Microsoft, its just that Me, Both my Brothers, Dad, Wife (we both have a PS3 in our home), Brother in Law, and about 10 of my Life Long Buddies all have PS3s and play online most everyday so neither one of us had a use for the system. No, XBOX Hate here from me, just not enough time really either to own both. Ill still drop any XBOX new news I find here as well though, but mostly you guys beat me to it lol.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

The_Fox

@Slapshot
.You sold your 360?

I guess if you had all three something would have to drop sometime. If all of your peeps are using the PS3, I can see why you'd go that route. I'm just glad to see you haven't gone all fanboy against the 360.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

The_Fox

Regarding Gears of War 3, I just hope for a lengthier campaign and some new multiplayer modes.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Ravage

I only played a bit of the multiplayer on Gears 1 for about 10 minutes, I'm looking forward to actually getting the third one.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Slapshot

@FOX.... Im no Fanboy of any company. AND I never will be. Every console has its ups and downs. Usually when it come to a fanboy, they only own one system and that is the one they will defend to the death lol.

Alot of the games I play are on both systems anyways and Im not a big fan of the Halo/Gears franchise anymore, for some reason I just burned out on them, as well as Fable. So I know they are getting sequels and Halo Reach in fact looks awesome, but everyone has PS3s so it just never got turned on. I just dont have time for 2 HD systems anyways really either. I still have 7 Unopened PS3 games from Christmas and 1 Preorder that comes out in about a month in a half, so I wouldnt have turned it on prob until Reach did come out. It just wast worth it I guess for me. Great system, and Im not going to knock on it at all. I get so tired of all the fanboy BS.

MetalMario

I agree with Slapshot. I'll always like Nintendo better since I've been playing them since I was 4, but every system has good games. My friends are always telling me Nintendo sucks and Halo sucks and get a PS3. I don't really care though, I'll have all three soon anyway, because I like a variety.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

RandomWiiPlayer

Does anyone know how much Rock Band games cost when released, but with a guitar (not the whole Rock Band kit)?

The Game.

sykotek

I don't recall them having a guitar & game kit for Rock Band, Rock Band 1 cost $59.99 USD when it first came out, software only.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

The_Fox

With all of the equipment I think RB is around $120. If you just want a guitar you can get a RB 1 or 2 model for about 20 bucks.

-President John Adams

RandomWiiPlayer

The+Fox wrote:

With all of the equipment I think RB is around $120. If you just want a guitar you can get a RB 1 or 2 model for about 20 bucks.

Hm....... I won't be singing, I wouldn't be able to keep up if St. Jimmy is on GD:RB, plus I'd sound like a total moron at most other songs. And I'd definitely fail at drums during the beginning of Jesus of Suburbia. I'll probably just stick with guitar. Are the guitar and bass controllers the same?

The Game.

The_Fox

@RWP:
Yep, you use the same for both bass and guitar tracks.

-President John Adams

Slapshot

@Random...... RockBand is $99 USD with just the game and guitar and is $189 with the full kit. That has been their standard pricing since they released the Rock Band Series. It wouldnt suprise me after The Beatles failed to move units in the US if we see lower pricing here in the US.

I would recommend buying Rock Band 2 Full Set that you can find or around $75 USD as its got the upgraded guitar and Very Upgraded Drum Set (I went through 4 original RB Drum Sets). Then you can also buy the Cymbal Add-Ons that make the Drum Set way better. Drums are the best part of Rock Band lol.

RandomWiiPlayer

$100? I can do that. I can probably get it cheaper if I buy a guitar separate, though. I might as well do that.

The Game.

Slapshot

@Random..... check around at Target, ToysRus, Walmart,Best Buy they all have been running the full Rock Band 2 set for around $89-$129 quite regurally.

Ravage

Anybody check out Resonance of Fate? It looks awesome and got fair reviews as well.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Slapshot

@Ravage.... I read the review that Playstation Magazine gave it and they gave it a 3/5 rating. They had some Really good things to say about it, but said it grew somewhat bland into the game and its for JRPG fan ONLY. That being said it looks really interesting and I wouldnt mind playing it myself.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.