Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,521

moomoo

cheetahman91 wrote:

Sounds like I'm going to have to check this Game Room out. How much does it cost to use it?

It costs 40 microsoft points (50 cents) to try a game, 240 to buy it. I think the first try is free.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

The_Fox

It's a little strange, in that first you have to download the Game Room, and then the game packs which have various titles (those downloads are free). Once you launch the game room, you can check out the various titles with a demo. After your demo you can buy the game to play all you want for about $3-4 (some may be more, as I haven't tried them all) or you can buy "credits" for a one time play.

edit:Oops, Moomoo beat me to it.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

cheetahman91

@moomoo & The Fox: Thanks for the info. I'm definitely gonna try it out now.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Slapshot

So the Game Room is already up on Live? Dang I got to hook my XBOX back up today and check it out then. Also has anyone got the Perfect Dark remake, and if so is it worth buying? I might have to invest in that one as well.

One more thing, heard last night that MickeyMac left us..... anyone know why, I really enjoyed having him around here on NL!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

MattyKy

Perfect Dark is DEFINITELY worth buying. If you liked it on N-64, you will absolutely love it on Xbox Live. They overhauled the graphics to all be in HD and the framerate runs smooth as silk. I liked Perfect Dark when it first came out 10+ years ago, but the slowdown and inconsistent graphics glitches kept me from loving it. Now, it really is "perfect"

MattyKy

Slapshot

@Matty.... thanks man, I prob will buy it this weekend then. I remember buying the Expansion Pack on my N64 just for Perfect Dark back in the day, a absolute blast, so Im really interested in this one.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

cheetahman91

slapshot82 wrote:

One more thing, heard last night that MickeyMac left us..... anyone know why, I really enjoyed having him around here on NL!

Really? Dang, it seems that quite a few people have left over the past couple of months.

On the Game Room topic, I got it today and was rather impressed. I like how the games are offered at such low prices. If this turns out to be a success, I could see it stomping the VCA into the ground.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

shingi_70

anybody up for some PD tommorow.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ravage

I would, but my copy doesn't have online.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

shingi_70

N64i presume.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ravage

Yep.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

y2josh

cheetahman91 wrote:

If this turns out to be a success, I could see it stomping the VCA into the ground.

Is that really saying much at this point

y2josh

MetalMario

y2josh wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

If this turns out to be a success, I could see it stomping the VCA into the ground.

Is that really saying much at this point

It already did, dude. VCA sucks.

It's gonna be tough to beat VC as a whole though.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

RandomWiiPlayer

I'm not one who likes the music genre very much, but I can't wait for Green Day: Rock Band! My favorite band is getting a game! Play.com recently revealed that the entire albums of Dookie and American Idiot will be on there, along with others. I'm probably the only person on the internet who still likes Green Day, though.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

skyerunner23

i didnt mind there old stuff but i never listen to them anymore because i listen to heavy music.
On a different note has anyone played Dragon Age Origins and is it worth buying?

psn: Skyerunner

Dezner

I have a few friends who really like Dragon Age, but it's not a type of game I really like. If you like BioWare and you like Western RPG's, it's a no-brainer. (From what I've heard...)

Also, MEGA MAN 10 on the 31st! Who's getting it besides me?

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

The_Fox

@RWP
I actually like Green Day. Their most recent album was a bit of a let down, but Dookie was a great pop-rock album and American Idiot was just awesome.

@Sumba
If you like the genre, you'll like Dragon Age. If you get it new you get some bonus in-game content for free, also.

@Dezner
I broke down and got it for the Wii. I liked it, but not as much as MM9.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Dezner

Oh, cool. I know I'm pretty crazy for buying a game twice (I got it day 1 for the Wii) but.....it's....MEGA MAN and I can't help it!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Sean007s

http://www.shacknews.com/screenshots.x?gallery=14296&game...

oh you lucky 360 owners.
oh ho ho ho the ps3 shall rise again.
just you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait.............................../disappears

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Sean007s

oh ahem gears of war 3 is coming.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.