Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 3,237

HolyMackerel

You know, I usually like mech shooters but reading more about this game makes it sound really bad. :/ Poorly-written story and extremely unbalanced gameplay basically means it has no redeeming factors. Even the people who still play it complain about those.

If it wasn't going to be classic Front Mission gameplay then I was hoping for Virtual On/Armored Core-type awesomeness. I miss me some mech action. Ah well. At least I still have GunValkyrie to tide me over.

HolyMackerel

irken004

HolyMackerel wrote:

You know, I usually like mech shooters but reading more about this game makes it sound really bad. :/ Poorly-written story and extremely unbalanced gameplay basically means it has no redeeming factors. Even the people who still play it complain about those.

If it wasn't going to be classic Front Mission gameplay then I was hoping for Virtual On/Armored Core-type awesomeness. I miss me some mech action. Ah well. At least I still have GunValkyrie to tide me over.

There's always Mechwarrior 4, which is freeware now.

JTC-Pingas

I got Batman: Arkham Asylum and Just Cause 2 for $7.50 each during Square Enix week.

JTC-Pingas

irken004

JTCPingas09 wrote:

I got Batman: Arkham Asylum and Just Cause 2 for $7.50 each during Square Enix week.

I LOVE ARKHAM.
Ahem... Supreme Commander 2 is on sale for $3.75
I played the demo awhile back, but it's not my cup of tea

Xkhaoz

@Pingas I want to play JC2 soooooo badly.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

V8_Ninja

It appears that Civilization 5 and Civilization 4: The Complete Edition are on sale for the weekend. Also, I found this website, which tracks when games lower their overall prices and tracks Steam sales (although that last part isn't too special).

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Aviator

I'll be pre-ordering Portal 2 soon.

Anyone want Portal in exchange for something small?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Ravage

Civilization IV is a fantastic game. I've only played the demo for V and it is a fair bit different. I don't know what to think about it.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

JTC-Pingas

Odnetnin wrote:

I love Portal to death; wish my PC could handle 2!

I'm pretty sure Portal 2 is still using the Source Engine. So you'll be able to play Portal 2.

JTC-Pingas

Ravage

It won't be using the same Source engine as Portal. I don't believe so anyway. It may be closer to the Left 4 Dead 2 Source engine, which is tougher to run. Alien Swarm also uses that version I believe.

irken004

Ravage wrote:

It won't be using the same Source engine as Portal. I don't believe so anyway. It may be closer to the Left 4 Dead 2 Source engine, which is tougher to run. Alien Swarm also uses that version I believe.

Yeah, it has similar requirements to Left 4 Dead 2. If you can run that (or even L4D1), I think you'd be fine.

Edited on by irken004

Ravage

The actual clock speed isn't real important. It only means that if you have a Pentium 4 processor, you will need one with an approximate 3 GHz core clock. It also says that approximately 2 GHz Dual Core (or better) is fine. The clock speed is not a measure of how much work gets done, but how fast it can process bits of work. Different processors will do more work per clock tick than others. The number of FLOPs a processor can do is a better measure (not perfect of course).
FLOPs = floating point operations

If your graphics card does not have shader 2.0b, then it will not run. Unless you don't have a video card, I find it hard to believe you don't have shaders... Even Intel chipsets usually have 2.0...

Ravage

Those bases may not look like much, but they are keys to a whole new world of free stuff!

V8_Ninja

Today's Square-Enix sale is every Tomb Raider game and Lara Croft: GOL for more than half-off. Does anyone know if the map packs for GOL are any good? I'm interested in them since they're pretty cheap and I'm craving for a bit more good GOL action.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.