Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy XV

Posts 81 to 94 of 94

Oragami

I have it and have yet to play it.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Dezzy

Well you should either play it asap or just wait until all the DLC is out!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ruinez

Any high chances for realeasing FF XV on Switch?

ruinez

TuVictus

I wouldn't really bet on it. Nintendo should aim for something like the ff7 remake to get on their console. Ff15 is already old news, barring a complete edition in a year or so.

TuVictus

Dezzy

No way is that happening. It took them ages just getting it to 30fps on PS4. And they didn't even manage the whole game. The part in Altissia has terrible frame rate. Not happening for the Switch at all.
I bet they're considering a PC port though.

I would bet the same is true with FF7. They're gonna want that to be one of the biggest games of the decade. Which it probably will be. I doubt they'll be willing to compromise on the visuals for the sake of the Switch. Although if the Switch takes off massively in Japan, you never know.

Dezzy

Just about to post the same thing.

So the second continent that you don't get to explore in the game (you see it from a train and just move along a linear path between small areas on the continent) is actually on the disc for the game and large parts of it are explorable and look almost finished.

That's incredibly depressing. Looks like they really did just cut large chunks of the game out. No wonder it feels unfinished.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Well I've sold my copy now. Possibly rebuy the inevitable complete edition in about 2 years time when they've added everything!

Dezzy

@FGPackers

Seems unlikely to me. They only just got this working on the PS4 and it still struggles in some places. Also happens to be an in-house engine.

A PC port seems much more likely than a Switch one.

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

I wouldn't generally have minded the linearity if it didn't come with the terrible storytelling where the plot just jumps all over the place.

Beyond that, it was the fact that one of the best parts of the game was how well designed the landscapes were. Exploring them was interesting and fun. The second continent looked quite interesting from what we saw. It'd be nice to have seen more of it up close.
Also, they really needed Tenebrae to be explorable. Or another town somewhere. For how big the game is, there's a really terrible lack of towns.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

So Tabita spoke to Famitsu:
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fantasy-xv-director-hajime-t...

TLDR:
-He's acknowledged that most people have problems with the storytelling.
-PC port seems likely.
-Massively expanding the explorable world through DLC is not part of their plans. Booo.

I'm putting my prediction down right now. They WILL expand the game world to cover Insomnia, Tenebrae and the rest of the Niflheim continent but it'll be because they release XV-2.

Dezzy

130 hours is a bit extreme. I was done after 40.

I just don't enjoy doing all of the extra sidequests unless the main storyline is keeping me engaged.

I sold my copy and I'm gonna wait til all the DLC is out before maybe retrying the complete edition, or whatever they call it.

JaxonH

I got pretty far... chapter 9 boss I beat, and then got sidetracked.

I really, really enjoyed the combat. But the open world... it just felt so uninspired in a post-Xenoblade X world. And unnatural. It was so earthlike that the few zig zaggidy mountain peaks seamed out of place, whereas XCX world was so alien everything felt natural and in place.

The dungeons, combat and boss fights were top shelf in FFXV though. I like the open world format too, but I think they can do much better in the future. Something along the lines of XCX.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

XCX is a better game in every way I'd say. Better characters, better story, better world. More to do.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.