Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 741 to 760 of 11,402

Polan18

@McGruber One more to add to the list: Ostwind: Das Spiel. It was released in a Germany, but has English as an option.

Polan18

revolutionika

Polan18 wrote:

@McGruber One more to add to the list: Ostwind: Das Spiel. It was released in a Germany, but has English as an option.

Here is a video showing the English option. I may import for my girl! Haha

revolutionika

SpaceAce13

Anyone have any new news on battle chasers?

SpaceAce13

antster1983

@SpaceAce13 About to go into internal QA before submitting to Nintendo.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Polan18

@link3710 LRG didnā€™t say these were their very first titles so Golf Story is still a possible first title.

Polan18

McGruber

Thanks for the heads up on English releases outside the US. I'll compile all your suggestions and update the list today

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

TalonMan

Everygame wrote:

Also for those still interested in getting ā€œIndivisibleā€, email them ASAP ,might take them a day or so to respond but they did and I was able to order the game šŸ‘šŸ»

Well - you were RIGHT! Persistence paid off and they sent me the backerkit link, so I could pre-order! WOOT!!!!!!!!!

TalonMan

Anti-Matter

antster1983 wrote:

And for those who don't speak German - Sodesco will be publishing Owlboy for the Switch at retail at some point following its eShop release on 13th February.

http://owlboygame.com/

That game was from Sodesco ?
I just wonder when was Earthlock : Festival of Magic released on Switch ?
They said it will be December 2017, but still no Official announcement again.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

TalonMan

revolutionika wrote:

yeayeanaynay wrote:

2d platformer Max: Curse of the Brotherhood just announced to receive the physical retail treatment on switch march 23rd

https://www.dualshockers.com/max-the-curse-of-brotherhood-swi...

Looks like a good game.

Donā€™t forget to add to the list!

Well CRUD - guess I'll be double-purchasing this one, as I just got it off eShop the other day. Since I'm committed to 100% of the physicals, I've limited myself to ONLY buying eShop games that I want, if they're on sale. Max was on my wishlist and went on sale, so I bought it...

Bummer!!

TalonMan

TalonMan

realshotgun wrote:

For those irritated about Indivisible, the Dev made it clear on their reddit and twitter that there will ALSO be a standard retail version of this game available. The pre-orders are for the special "Backer Version" only, which for me, made me very angry as I have no special love for special editions, just like to "catch em all" if you would, so I jumped on Indivisible. Then once the pre-orders were closed, someone linked me to the reddit showing quite clearly that the physical version IS NOT limited to those who pre-ordered it, as the backerkit claimed.

The same is true for Bloodstained. The Pre-Order version comes with Igi as a boss and a few other bonuses that the standard retail version won't have (also the pre-order version has the special slip cover).

...well - if your anger is solely rooted in the idea that others will be able to purchase a physical copy, even if they weren't involved in the backer pre-order, I would say this:

1 - Your 'backer' version (regardless of your feelings about "special edition" games, and whatnot), will still likely hold a greater resale value.

2 - Just because a developer TODAY says "Oh, we'll have a standard physical release in the future...", does NOT mean it will actually happen! I don't take ANYTHING these guys ever say at face-value and I believe ONLY what I see! They'll promise you the moon and the stars to keep your interest, and I would not be surprised to see them change their mind when the game actually comes out, and watch as they continue to delay the physical release until they drop it altogether. I'm STILL waiting for the Minecraft physical release on Switch, and how long have we been hearing promises of "It's coming..." for that???

So no - you have no reason to be angry, at all. You ought to be happy as hell that you're guaranteed a physical copy at all, and that your copy will without question, hold the greatest resale value.

Edited on by TalonMan

TalonMan

realshotgun

@TalonMan Its not about resale value. Ive backed many games knowing full well they would be available to others. I backed this game (Indivisible) because they worded the initial backer incentives in a way that made it seem that the physical would only be available to those who took the risk or put their money upfront. I would have been perfectly happy waiting for the standard physical release. I have every right to be irritated and angry over being misled. The resale means nothing to me, its being misled that makes me angry. i dont care that people who didnt back will be able to get it, Im happy for them. I would much rather have spent the (likely) 30-40$ instead of 60 is my point, and i feel guys like me got duped into fundng on the idea that we would only be able to get a physical if we gave them 60$, and now theres going to be a cheaper option available because we put money upfront.

realshotgun

HiFX

Hey all,

I've been away for a while, but I came across something that others may find interesting.

I was in the process of ordering the Japanese physical version of "I am Setsuna" and importing it to Canada, but something about the Japanese text on the boxart irked me, when all of my other games have English boxart.

So I heard somewhere that Malaysia and Singapore had physical releases of the game with English boxart. I took a look here:

http://heavyarm-asia.com/product/ns-i-am-setsuna/

I've already emailed them, and they're sold out, so I ended up ordering it from Lazada (https://www.lazada.sg/nintendo-switch-i-am-setsuna-38114564.html?spm=a2o42.searchlist.list.1.41579919SGjnfV)

Shopee Singapore also has it: ( https://shopee.sg/Switch-I-Am-Setsuna-Standard-Edition-i.7694...

Here's the issue I had. These places only ship within Singapore itself, so I had to sign up for a mail forwarding service (Parcl) to have someone accept the package on my behalf, and send it to Canada for me. Just ordered it this morning so I'll see how it all turns out.

Quite complicated, but someone else might be interested

EDIT:

It arrived. Japanese version of the game with a separate English cover insert.

Untitled

Edited on by HiFX

HiFX

revolutionika

Ongoing list of physical releases to ad to the list.
If some are already on list I didnā€™t see let me know.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Owl Boy
Max Curse of the Brotherhood
Flint Hook
Mercenary Kings
Tales of the Tiny Planet
Ginger Beyond the Crystal
Snow Moto Racing Freedom (ntsc)
Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (ntsc)
Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition
Gal Guns 2
The Count Lucanor
Minecraft Switch Edition
Ostwind Das Spiel (German w/English option)
Shaq Fu
Voez
Outlast 1&2
Terraria
Island Flight Simulator
Wasteland 2 Directors Cut
Icey
Mutant Mudds Collection
Tennis World Tour

Edited on by revolutionika

revolutionika

Paraka

According to Amazon UK, Shaq Fu has a physical inbound.

Paraka

ryangorgeous

Is anyone going to add VOZE to the list? Thereā€™s a copy with English artwork out in the world.

ryangorgeous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic