Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,261 to 5,280 of 11,397

@Magician Thanks for the update! Did they happen to mention if FF XII is the same?
@Miadaskate @SpaceAce13 I also got my shipping notice. Still not as long a wait as Pixeljunk Monsters. I appreciate the open pre-orders, but some of the wait times that can happen with them are insane.

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Magician

@Magician Thanks for the update! Did they happen to mention if FF XII is the same?

Not yet, but I assume it will be.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Beedrill4Smash

Should I even bother with the Escapists? I'm not looking for a complete collection, and having heard from many that 2 is better in almost, if not, every way doesn't motivate to spend the money on it.

Beedrill4Smash

rumandgore

According to LRG’s production updates page, Outlast 1 and 2 standard editions have begun shipping and Shantae standard edition may be ready to begin in 2 days. PixelJunk Monsters is shipping as well.

rumandgore

MulderYuffie

That's awesome i got the email for Dust and it's nice to see Outlast 1&2 and Shantae is coming soon as well!

MulderYuffie

Paraka

@rumandgore - That last senteance brings me joy.

@Beedrill4Smash - I will say LRG is probably the most consistent. But choices like this (though the first isnt to scoff at, 2 is infinitely better) makes them start to slowly slink to 2nd in quality, with SRG being pretty dominant in their choice pool.

Paraka

rumandgore

@Paraka @MulderYuffie

I’m glad to be the bringer of good news, but if anything is delayed I’ll deny ever being here!

Wish me luck, I need to venture on to eBay to try and find Outlast 1 and 2. 😞

rumandgore

Magician

Some sad news today, my friends. Capcom Japan states that RE4 will be digital-only for all regions. On top of that, RE Origins Collection will be half physical/half download for all regions. With RE 0 on cartridge and a code for RE Remake in the box.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

Magician wrote:

Some sad news today, my friends. Capcom Japan states that RE4 will be digital-only for all regions. On top of that, RE Origins Collection will be half physical/half download for all regions. With RE 0 on cartridge and a code for RE Remake in the box.

There is not a proper enough reaction gif to display both my outrage and my complacency about Capcom doing what I expect Capcom to do.

Paraka

Magician

@Avatar40k - alright today's Japanese eShop update says FF XII does support English.

GrailUK

@Magician I wonder if Limited Run or someone could get a contract to release the games.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Miadaskate

Just got my Shantae ship notification.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

rumandgore

I got shipping notifications for Pixeljunk and Shantae.

rumandgore

DoomTurtle

I got an email from Play-Asia that the Final Fantasy X & X-2 set will now be together on one cartridge and not two. They updated their listing to say this.

DoomTurtle

BryanS

@DoomTurtle it can be done but everywhere else gets one game and a dl code. I am concerned there might be a sacrifice of quality to achieve this.

Downloadable web page of all physical switch games I can find so far.
Updated Feb 16, 2019
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/evebru3xl4sms7r/AAAmPfADunWojFZAOzKBzMcJa?dl=0

@BryanS I don't think they'd alter the game to fit it on a card. They could, but I don't think they would. I think it's more likely that they're going for bigger cartridges in Asia. However, I think it's most likely that it will be similar to how the Banner Saga trilogy did it. Where ownership for both games is on the card, and they both require it, but there's a "patch" to grab everything they couldn't fit.

Paraka

@Avatar40k - Wait, Banner Saga Trilogy cannot be played without a download for the third?

Paraka

@Paraka All three games are mostly on the cartridge and under a single app entry, but I believe 2 and 3 require a download to work. Hence the big "requires internet connection" on the front of the box. It's done like any other patch or update. I just checked my storage and the game takes up 4.3 gigs.
I know some people are bothered by that, but I much prefer it over getting a code, because I can lend the Banner Saga to a friend and they can download and play it, unlike the forever gone copy of Bayonetta.
Also, Doom takes 8.3 gigs, Xenoblade 2 takes 3.9 gigs, and Breath of the Wild takes 2.2 gigs. I do miss the days of just popping a disc in and playing.

Edit: I did not try launching the game without the download installed. So I do not know if it functions without it, or just limits it. I'm willing to uninstall the patch and try if you want.

Edited on by Avatar40k

Paraka

@Avatar40k - That killed the game entirely though. Cause it would render "unlendable" to said friend if you ever chose to do so if they don't have an internet connection currently, or the Switch becomes no longer supported. Both scenarios would require the download to already been in place.

I do not wish for you to make special exercises for any of us here, eventually I will get it on a sale and test it myself. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when companies practice literal destruction of my own license to play the games after the industry moves on.

Imagine Smash Bros Melee doing this and your mem card got deleted.

Paraka

leerafuse

Warned Collectors updated their shipping dates #1 Pankapu is Apr 24 and #2 Dungeon Rushers is May 15.

Also upcoming releases from them are Shift Quantum, Zombie Night Terror, Shape Of The World, Furi, and Evoland 1 & 2. Doesnt say what system which game is for though yet.

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic