Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 11,402

Paraka

@Magician - Any confirmation that the collection is in English as an option?

Paraka

hirokun

Undertale sure taking its sweet time to port over. Such a basic bare bones game. Honestly surprised that the date is that far out. Only reason I could even imagine is taking the time to line up worldwide retail release on the same day.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Magician

Paraka wrote:

@Magician - Any confirmation that the collection is in English as an option?

None. Personally, I feel that shmups are a genre of games where the story takes a backseat. It's more about gameplay than the narrative. Even non-English menus can be eventually be understood through trial and error.

Anywho, I do have one complaint with the Darius Cozmic Collection. Apparently, five console versions of Darius are exclusive to the limited edition. The LE is three times the msrp of the standard edition. All for five games (I assume are download-only), a soundtrack, an artbook, and an acrylic marquee.

Pretty overpriced in my opinion. Unless those five games are on a separate cart? I doubt it though.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

hirokun

Did anyone get a copy of musynx? I'd meant to bring it up earlier. Gamestop sold my copy(they've done this to me before) so I didn't get it. However I can't seem to find a copy. I know it isn't the most stellar game, but the gameplay appealed to me.

Magician

hirokun wrote:

Did anyone get a copy of musynx? I'd meant to bring it up earlier. Gamestop sold my copy(they've done this to me before) so I didn't get it. However I can't seem to find a copy. I know it isn't the most stellar game, but the gameplay appealed to me.

It's a solid rhythm game. Personally, I think it's a weaker offering than Superbeat Xonic. The rpg mechanics, the progression, the variety of music genres, are just better in Superbeat Xonic in my opinion. My problem with these mobile rhythm games is the difficulty curve. The first hour is fair for gamers of any skills level, but past that...and you'll begin to see that these games are intended for very young gamers as the physical dexterity requirements skyrocket.

I love this genre of games, but it makes me sad that I'm unable to enjoy them fully.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Taya

I did not enjoy Musynx. I think Voez has way better gameplay and a much better soundtrack. I ended up trading my copy of Musynx for Farming Simulator.

Taya

Belexes

I broke down and bought Night Trap - terrible game play, but I wanted to have it as a piece of history especially since Howard Lincoln said it would never see the light of day on Nintendo.

Belexes

Magician

My Riding Stables Horses is open to preorders on Amazon NA.

https://www.amazon.com/My-Riding-Stables-Horses-Nintendo-Swit...

Its been a while since a game title has just screamed "shovelware" to me as a collector.

P.S. - The Banner Saga is open to preorders on Amazon NA.

https://www.amazon.com/Banner-Saga-Trilogy-Nintendo-Switch/dp...

Edited on by Magician

Katelyn1223

Do VN’s such as Aokana: Four Rhythm Across the Blue have any chance of being released in NA? Or should I just suck it up and purchase the import?

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

hirokun

Katelyn1223 wrote:

Do VN’s such as Aokana: Four Rhythm Across the Blue have any chance of being released in NA? Or should I just suck it up and purchase the import?

Not going to happen as far as I'm concerned.

Katelyn1223

hirokun wrote:

Katelyn1223 wrote:

Not going to happen as far as I'm concerned.

I kinda figured. Ah well! I guess I'll just pull the trigger and get it.

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

hirokun

picked up octopath. Wayfarer Edition comes in a plastic box to protect it extra, which is great and I wish more companies did this. It looks great. Also got my copy of shining resonance refrain, which also funny enough has a plastic sleeve. Picked up a new charging dock too for tabletop mode. Stupid thing doesn't have an AC adapter, so the true cost is closer to $50, so I feel pretty miffed, but its better than having to end a game session to charge my console on the dock. Also managed to find a copy of Ittle Dew 2+, the launch edition sitting on the store shelf so I nabbed an extra of that too because its such a great game and GCU will die for me in less than a year.

The_Legend77

@hirokun
I too picked up the Wayferer Edition and Shining Resonance Refrain Dragonic Launch Edition! The Octopath looks beautiful. Pulled out the game and fell in love. I also like how the WE game doesn't have a rating on it so if anyone sees it used with no ESRB that's the WE.

On a side note GsmeStop had plenty of the Hylian Shield 2DSXL systems that I can't afford but want! Curses! Well guess I'll play Octopath here soon. Been waiting for this one for a while!

The_Legend77

JasmineDragon

Katelyn1223 wrote:

Alright I need some opinions. I was considering giving up trying to collect the games from companies such as SRG and LRG. It’s not that I don’t want them, I just hate having to constantly keep up. What I’m asking is, do you think I, as a completionist, would regret this down the road?

A lot of people are going to say you'll regret it, but looking at it from an older perspective I can tell you that at some point further down the road you most likely won't regret it at all. There are a lot of things I regret not doing in my life, but "not having a complete collection of X" isn't one of them.

I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, so let me make it perfectly clear, if collecting the LRG games 100% gives you satisfaction and joy, by all means keep on doing it. But if it is stressing you out and you are doubting that it's what you want to do, I would take that as a pretty clear sign that you shouldn't keep doing it. Especially since you say it's keeping you from other games, possibly games you might like more.

My general recommendation for everyone is simply buy the games you want, with top priority given to the games you actually want to play.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Miadaskate

@hirokun Octopath Wayfarer’s and Captain Toad arrived from Amazon. Octopath is a super nice set. Captain Toad has an annoying box in the top right hand corner about the Mario Odyssey levels. It cuts off the artwork!

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Looks like another Square-Enix port is getting a limted edition, this time for SaGa Scarlet Grace. This game is currently being localized for the west on Switch. But there's no confirmation on if we'll receive either a standard edition or this awesome limted edition. Hopefully, after the warm reception of Octopath Traveler, we will.

This LE contains an artbook, a soundtrack, a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, a DLC code for a PC-game Imperial SaGa, and a postcard.

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/SE_E1040.html

P.S. - an unboxing video.

Edited on by Magician

Katelyn1223

Magician wrote:

Looks like another Square-Enix port is getting a limted edition, this time for SaGa Scarlet Grace. This game is currently being localized for the west on Switch. But there's no confirmation on if we'll receive either a standard edition or this awesome limted edition. Hopefully, after the warm reception of Octopath Traveler, we will.

This LE contains an artbook, a soundtrack, a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, a DLC code for a PC-game Imperial SaGa, and a postcard.

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/SE_E1040.html

That comes with quite a bit, and that puzzle makes me reaalllyyy want it. But I still think that price is a bit steep

Updated Daily!

Magician

Katelyn1223 wrote:

That comes with quite a bit, and that puzzle makes me reaalllyyy want it. But I still think that price is a bit steep

Roughly $165 + shipping. It is a steep price. But the quality of that artbook, along with the soundtrack and jigsaw puzzle, I think is enough to justify the asking price. The question remains, will a physical release come westward?

Edited on by Magician

Katelyn1223

JasmineDragon wrote:

Katelyn1223 wrote:

Alright I need some opinions. I was considering giving up trying to collect the games from companies such as SRG and LRG. It’s not that I don’t want them, I just hate having to constantly keep up. What I’m asking is, do you think I, as a completionist, would regret this down the road?

A lot of people are going to say you'll regret it, but looking at it from an older perspective I can tell you that at some point further down the road you most likely won't regret it at all. There are a lot of things I regret not doing in my life, but "not having a complete collection of X" isn't one of them.

I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, so let me make it perfectly clear, if collecting the LRG games 100% gives you satisfaction and joy, by all means keep on doing it. But if it is stressing you out and you are doubting that it's what you want to do, I would take that as a pretty clear sign that you shouldn't keep doing it. Especially since you say it's keeping you from other games, possibly games you might like more.

My general recommendation for everyone is simply buy the games you want, with top priority given to the games you actually want to play.

I was thinking about this earlier and I have to agree. I decided I’m giving up LRG and SRG because it’s just too stressful trying to keep up with them lol. I’m just going to stick with the PlayAsia exclusives, as long as they stay as cheap as they are, and then try to get my main collection complete.

Updated Daily!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic