Forums

Topic: Switch 2020 unannounced game release speculation.

Posts 1 to 20 of 129

Magician

With the possibility of the Bayonetta & Vanquish 10th Anniversary Double Pack headed to the Switch in February 2020, I thought I'd dig around and attempt to find some unannounced Switch games.

First up.

How about Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2? Publisher PQube has the game listed in the PQube Asia Twitter account header. Not officially announced yet of course, but the other games in that header are available on Switch currently.
https://twitter.com/pqubeasia

Second up, XSEED and some hopeful wishing. NIS America just announced a Switch port of Trails of Cold Steel III. It only makes sense for XSEED to provide Switch owners with Trails of Cold Steel I & II. It's probably the closest thing to Persona we can expect to get on Switch, considering how little Atlus has offered thus far.

Third, indie developer Digital Devolver. Last year during E3 they showed a game where you play the bad guy. Or rather the bad thing. Do you like the classic horror movie, The Blob? Would you like to play as...The Blob? A Switch release for Carrion isn't official, but it sure looks dope.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

I'm really hoping for some Wii/Wii u ports( yea i said it). I'd like skyward sword to finally come over. Same with prime trilogy. I'd even give pikmin a go having never played it.

Any rumored metroid game will do me good honestly. The RE3 remake that's pretty much confirmed at this point (right?), would be sweet if it comes to switch. Or even re2 remake on switch would be sweet. Same with dmc5.

A new dkc would be very welcomed imo. Looking forward to the vga and an early 2020 direct

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

I would definitely be down for a Skyward Sword port! It’s the only Zelda title I’ve never played.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer wrote:

I would definitely be down for a Skyward Sword port! It’s the only Zelda title I’ve never played.

You're probably not the only one. I think it's the only one I've never finished( besides 4 swords).

NintendoByNature

StuTwo

I’d guess Mario golf Switch has to be in the works (but then I was shocked it didn’t get announced and arrive this year).

Just Dance 2021 hasn’t been announced yet has it? It’s a dead cert!

In less certain territory I’d suggest that the time might be right for a Splatoon spin off in 2020. What form it might take I don’t know. Diablo inspired twin stick loot based shooter perhaps? I just think the time scales line up - they won’t give us Splatoon 3 on Switch but they need to keep the IP relevant.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

StuTwo

Also I’d hazard a guess at something ‘Bravely’ from Square. Either a collection of the 3DS games or Bravely Third.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Matthew010

If I say 'Pilotwings' enough, it'll eventually happen...

Matthew010

TOUGHDUDE94

I say Mario oddessy 2 with maore world's like DK lsland ,isle delfeno and other stuff in the Mario world or 3d world

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

WaffleKnight

The switch is, dare I say, a PRIME opportunity to introduce older IPs to a newer audience.

I’ll show myself out.

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

TOUGHDUDE94

@Octoguy yes they need a break they should have delayed sword and shield to next year

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Bolt_Strike

I can think of multiple I'd like to see (I doubt we get all of these, but I'd be happy with at least a few of these):

Super Mario Odyssey 2
Mario Kart 9
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Skyward Sword HD
3D Kirby game
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remakes (hopefully not gimped too hard by Game Freak/TPC's lack of effort)

@Octoguy Sadly I don't think we will get a break year. TPC has no interest in slowing down the release schedule if they can constantly make money on yearly entries. They don't really care about improving the quality when it has no effect on their bottom line.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

GameOtaku

I'd line to see the JRPGs from the vita making it to switch like Mary Skelter has already. Criminal Girls Collection, Criminal Girls 3, Dungeon Travelor, Demon Gaze. Konami stops being Konami and we get a new not bad Metal Gear and a Metal Gear Collection including Snakes Revenge! Mario and Link team up with the Rabbids in Kingdom Battle 2.

GameOtaku

Aozz101x

Super Mario Odyssey 2
Mario Baseball
A New IP from Nintendo
Codename Steam (probably not happening)
Pikmin 4
Tomodachi Life 2/Tomodachi Collection 3

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

Suppose we will found out at least 1 or 2 switch games tomorrow night at the vga's.

NintendoByNature

GrailUK

Mario's Universal Vacation.

Bowser has taken over Universal Studios. Play as Mario and free the park. To tie in with the opening of Mario World Japan.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Mince

Xenoblade chronicles X (At least an announcement) after the XC 1 remaster.

@Bolt_Strike I think you should play the latest Pokemon rather than listen to internet trolls, the last game was great. Not played one since Pokemon yellow and I had a 10/10 time.

It’s easy to forget because we like it so much but Pokemon is for children, it’s a children’s game through and through it’s so obvious, so for me the simplicity was to be expected. It’s almost foolish to think otherwise.

Edited on by Mince

Mince

Bolt_Strike

@Mince I played it too and the criticisms are valid. Unlike you, I've also played other recent Pokemon games, and SwSh isn't much better than them. Maybe if you haven't played a game since Yellow the leap is impressive, but the game looks and plays very similarly to past 3D games such as XY and SM. And considering those games are $40 handheld games and SwSh is a $60 console game, it's underwhelming for it not to take a huge leap forward.

And no, being a children's game is no excuse for mediocrity. Nintendo makes games for children as well, but they don't cheap out and cut content to pander to kids with 5 second attention spans. It's pretty obvious at this point that Game Freak is using that as an excuse to treat Pokemon the same way that Activision treats CoD or EA treats FIFA, as a yearly cash grab with bare minimum effort put in so they can milk consumers for every penny they can. SwSh really shows Game Freak/TPC's true colors, and they're a dark shade for sure.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

sixrings

Wait wait wait. Did someone just compare gamefreak / nintendo with ea / activision on the greed scale..... Mind blown... people are finally seeing the light.

sixrings

iKhan

@sixrings TPC is most certainly on the same level of greed as Activision. That's not even a question.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Sorry, this topic has been locked.