Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Posts 241 to 260 of 260

RR529

I really liked the secret exit that let's you tackle Roy's Conveyor Belt Castle from behind, pretty much dropping you right to the boss door. That was a really neat little touch.

Maybe it's because I'm not as burnt out on the "New" series as others seem to be (the last one I played was "Wii" back in 2010), but I'm really loving my time with this.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Just cleared this. Not the most ambitious game, but I thought it was good fun. I'll probably try collecting all the Star Coins (to take a crack at some of the Superstar Road levels), but as I'm not an expert player I'll probably move on before doing it all (same for Luigi U as a whole. I'll probably give it a whirl, but don't expect to clear it).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Venus_Adept

Is funny how in spanish nabbit is named "Caco Gazapo". Gazapo means error or mistake. But playing with him not allow you to have more mistakes than falling into a hollow.

Venus_Adept

RR529

After putting it off for awhile I've been powering my way through Luigi U over the past few days (did both worlds 6 & 7 today), so hopefully I should be able to finish it up before the weekend's over (next up is the second airship level, so I'm not quite sure if I'm more excited or scared, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

mrblue

Hello, sorry for my naive question but i am new in te game. I was wondering which is the difference among the story modes 1,2,3? I tried all of them but it starts always the same.

Secondly, in order not to start every time from the beginning is enough to save the current game?

Thank you very much

mrblue

Euler

@mrblue They're just separate save files, they're all the same. As for saving, you can "quick save" whenever you want. Once you load that file again, you can start from where you left off but the save goes away (think of it like pausing and unpausing a movie). You can do a permanent save after completing fortress, castle, and other important levels. After you defeat Bowser and rescue the princess, you'll unlock the ability to do a permanent save whenever you want (instead of quick saving).

Euler

mrblue

Thank you Euler, very clear!

mrblue

Peachprincess

Hello everyone! I have a question, i have looked everywhere on the internet and cant find a answer. I even bought a new game, thinking the old one was broken🤣..

My daughter and I play this game. And all of the sudden we cannot jump with B or run fast with Y. What happend? Can someone give me advice or help me?

Thank you so so much!!

Peachprincess

Euler

@Peachprincess Sounds like a control setting might’ve gotten switched by accident. You would now hold B to run and press A to jump. I believe you can change it by pressing start on the map screen or in a level.

Euler

Tasuki

So since I rebought a Switch I was able to access my games again one of them being this game. I played this game a.bit on the Wii U and a bit on my original Switch before it was stolen but I didn't get to far in the game.

Last night I decided to give it try again and I got hooked. Before I knew it, I was playing it for 4 hours. I don't know about anyone else but I am definitely getting some SMW vibes from this game. I played and beat both New Super Mario Bros on the DS and NSMB2 on the 3DS and enjoyed them but this one has me. I haven't enjoyed a 2D Mario like this in a while. Looking forward to playing some more later on.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Finished of World 3 today. As far as water worlds go in Mario games this one wasn't too bad. My biggest gripe was the swimming mechanics. I don't know if this is something new the this game or isn't he other New Super Mario games had it too but I am use to having to continuously press a button to swim while this game pressing a button gives you a burst of speed and your character automatically swims. It lead to quite a few deaths as I rocketed into an enemy. Other then that it was an enjoyable world.

Next up is the Ice World.

My Backlog

MarioBrickLayer

@Tasuki I haven't played this in ages! I should go back to it at some point, I think it's better than people say, not amazing but a really good game.

MarioBrickLayer

Sisilly_G

I mastered this ages ago (on both Wii U and Switch), but I can never be bothered with the time attack (?) stages.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Fizza

NSMBU Deluxe is always 'that game I say I'll get before either just going back to SMM2 or getting something else instead'. I love the original and think 2 is ok but I've never had any motivation to get this one. Probably doesn't help that it's damn expensive on the eShop...

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

ElRoberico

@Fizza it's always one of the Black Friday sale titles. I'd definitely recommend picking it up then. $40 US was more than enough for me.

Edited on by ElRoberico

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

ElRoberico

@Tasuki Completely fair. It's the one Wii U port that I could never justify a full price for. It's not that it's a bad game. It's just that it's not exciting the way that nearly every other one is.

Tasuki

@ElRoberico Yeah, I know what you mean. I had it on Wii U because it was included with my Wii U but I just couldn't get into it at the time I think that was due to just playing and finishing NSMB and NSMB2 on the 3DS. I hesitated for awhile getting it on Switch because of the price and the fact that I barely played it on Wii U. Then the sale rolled around, and I was in the mood for a 2D Mario so I got it. But no way was I going to pay for price for it.

My Backlog

ElRoberico

@Tasuki yeah, the NSMB series is the one Nintendo series where there's absolutely nothing different between installments except the platform. Heck, I played Super Mario 3D Land a few months before NSMBUD, and even that felt similar.

Although, now that I think about it, I ADORE the Flying Squirrel suit.

Tasuki

@ElRoberico Well.saying that there is absolutely nothing different with them is a bit overboard but I understand what your saying. Instead of feeling like sequels they feel more like DLC for one single game.

I will admit though, I am really enjoying NSMBU right now but I haven't played a NSMB game in years so that's probably why I am enjoying it for now.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic