Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,441 to 9,460 of 15,873

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight I'm predicting the expansion launches the same day as the PC port.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioBrickLayer

@damien33ad Do you think we'll see a Mario game (2D or 3D) before 2023?

If we see a Mario game next year I'd bet on it being something like Strikers rather than a mainline platformer.

MarioBrickLayer

jump

@MarioBrickLayer There's a big bucks Mario movie out next year, my money is a game coming out too, it's good synergy innit.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

@MarioBrickLayer Seems unlikely. DK seems to be what the Mario team is going to put out this upcoming year at this point. 3D Mario probably will be a launch (window) title for the next system at this point, alongside Mario Kart.

link3710

MarioBrickLayer

jump wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer There's a big bucks Mario movie out next year, my money is a game coming out too, it's good synergy innit.

It's hard to argue with that logic, if I were Nintendo, that is exactly what I would do, however...

link3710 wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer Seems unlikely. DK seems to be what the Mario team is going to put out this upcoming year at this point. 3D Mario probably will be a launch (window) title for the next system at this point, alongside Mario Kart.

All the leaks and inside info seems to point to this (Mario Team working on DK) being true, if so...where is the game coming from?

Without knowing the plot of the movie, it's hard to know what would work well, if there was a racing element to the movie you could see MK9 being the tie in game, who knows!!

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Grumblevolcano

There's quite a few Mario platformers missing on the Switch. If the GB/GBC NSO rumour is true, that handles the Super Mario Land games and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe which leaves:

• Galaxy 2
  • 64 DS
  • 3D Land
  • Super Mario Advance series
  • NSMB
  • NSMBWii
  • NSMB2

So maybe a NSMB collection or a 3D All Stars re-release with Galaxy 2?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@MarioBrickLayer Yep we don't know what the plot of the Mario film is but Requiem For A Dream, The Passion Of The Christ and Schindler’s List are all movies so I'd imagine it must be like those. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

VoidofLight

@damien33ad BotW 2 isn’t using Shiekah tech. The slate is gone, and so are the shrines and towers. We don’t know what the green energy is, but it’s probably not of Shiekah origin, given it’s green in color, and not blue.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@damien33ad They're missing in the trailers we have for the game, as they showed multiple areas where they should exist, and they're no where to be seen. Same with the Shiekah Towers, which are even more visible. If you look at the shot which shows Hyrule Field, and Link gliding past the Bokoblins, the citadel in the background no longer has a tower on top of it.

chapuH

@VoidofLight Van Ruta is also missing in the footage of the Stone Talus/ enemy camp combination.

Edited on by chapuH

Hope you're having a good day.

VoidofLight

@chapu2006 I didn't catch that, but that's interesting.

Clyde_Radcliffe

Grumblevolcano wrote:

There's quite a few Mario platformers missing on the Switch. If the GB/GBC NSO rumour is true, that handles the Super Mario Land games and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe which leaves:

• Galaxy 2
  • 64 DS
  • 3D Land
  • Super Mario Advance series
  • NSMB
  • NSMBWii
  • NSMB2

So maybe a NSMB collection or a 3D All Stars re-release with Galaxy 2?

My dream concept...

Super Mario 3D All-Stars 2: The Lost Games

• Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Wario World
  • Super Mario 3D Land HD (Single screen HD 60fps reworking)

Okay, so Wario World technically isn't a Mario game, but it's still a 3D platformer from the Marioverse (kind of) and deserves to not be lost in time! Would make a very interesting collection I think.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

jump

VoidofLight wrote:

They're missing in the trailers we have for the game, as they showed multiple areas where they should exist, and they're no where to be seen. Same with the Shiekah Towers, which are even more visible. If you look at the shot which shows Hyrule Field, and Link gliding past the Bokoblins, the citadel in the background no longer has a tower on top of it.

That's a long way of saying it's not actually been confirmed. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@jump I mean, given how this takes place right after BotW, they should still be all in the same places, but they aren't, and given how Zelda mentions that one of the divine beasts stopped working, it's safe to assume that Shiekah tech no longer exists.

jump

@VoidofLight you shouldn’t assume as it could make an ass out of you and me. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@jump But the assumption is based on analysis, and based on comparisons of both games. Plus, canonically, Link did all of the shrines in the original game, as they were made for him to become a proper hero, so there wouldn't be anymore shrines to do.

Giancarlothomaz

@Snezkov does Koei Tecmo have a intereting character for Sakurai to add on Super Smash Bros Ultimate? @VoidofLight maybe this mysterious skeleton hand that is helping Link is of Zonai origin, and since Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 don't have Sheikah Towers/Shrines anymore, this could mean Nintendo is bringing back tradicional Dungeons in the game hopefully.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

VoidofLight

I don't think Dungeons will be traditional like "You have to do these dungeons in a specific order, and get items to help you traverse the world", but rather in the sense of "Here's a dungeon with a proper theme, and proper bosses that fit said theme".

link3710

@VoidofLight Hyrule Castle was a traditional dungeon IMO in BotW. Or at least, what a traditional dungeon interpreted in the BotW manner should look like. Minibosses, exploration, hidden treasures, a boss, consistent unique theming, etc. So yeah, my guess is dungeon specific items won't return, even if we get 'traditional' dungeons.

link3710

VoidofLight

@link3710 Yeah, I was thinking that if they do more dungeons, it'll end up like Hyrule castle was in BotW, but maybe with more puzzles included within it. I'm surprised there weren't more traditional dungeons like that scattered around the map of the first game, being random areas that you stumble upon.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic