Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,461 to 9,480 of 15,874

Grumblevolcano

Today's the last chance of a Direct announcement this week though I do think it's unlikely given the Sony event and Nintendo likes to go last when there's multiple events in close proximity.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Balta666 Rather them not. They should just give us the option to reforge, upgrade, or repair old weaponry. Make the weapons have a meter to show weapon wear and tear, so that you’re able to fix it in time.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MarioBrickLayer

So, no Direct this week then?

I wonder if it was planned for this week, would Nintendo have pushed it back after Sony announced their presentation this week?

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

@MarioBrickLayer wouldn’t surprise me if they did.

jump

The Direct has been cancelled, it made a bad joke about a very diverse group entering a bar together.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump Nah, it was canceled and Miyamoto forced the people making the direct to male Link’s Crossbow Training 2.

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer I think they would have given the timing of the Sony event. If Sony had their event on Wednesday, Nintendo would've likely had the Direct on the Thursday like what they did last September with the Partner Showcase that revealed MH Rise. But with Sony's event being on Thursday, the options are more difficult:

1. Have Direct on Wednesday and risk being overshadowed by Sony (isn't happening given no announcement on Tuesday)
2. Have Direct on Friday (big positive announcements generally don't happen on Fridays, Friday is more common to be when bad news happens)
3. Let Sony have the spotlight and have a Direct next week

Option 3 seems most likely.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

An4r4k

I’d just expect one in a week or two, looking forward to the sony conference tho

An4r4k

jump

I'd love to see the actual correlation between Directs and maintenance. I'd love to also see the correlation between 3pm in the UK and Directs too. lol

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

@Balta666 Ah, I had assumed it was because that is when it was teatime in the UK so people across the world wanted to know if they could have their earl grey, scones and jellied eels with the Brits yet.

Nicolai wrote:

TommyTendo

Doesn't make sense to have a direct this week considering they have a release on friday.
Makes more sense to have it later in the month.

NintendoByNature

So that's pretty much it. Fall direct de-confirmed

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic