Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 4,621 to 4,640 of 15,874

sixrings

@Octane I just don't see Nintendo releasing old games at low prices. That's just my take. I also don't think we're getting a metroid or Mario collection because I think Nintendo would rather piece meal their products. Im not an insider and this is just my opinion.

sixrings

gcunit

The next 3D Zelda game to release on Switch will be Skyward Sword. Believe it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

sixrings

@Octane the games on Wii and Wii u were direct ports. Not upscalled games. If you look at a YouTube video of what galaxy looks like in 1080p 60fps I think it is comparable to what first party switch games look like. That's the problem. Nintendo won't want admittedly old games which look as good as their new games to be priced half as much. As a parent I'd just buy my kid the port then.

sixrings

Grumblevolcano

About DK, I'd imagine we would've gotten a Tropical Freeze sequel if Retro wasn't needed for Metroid Prime 4. Metroid Prime 4 will probably end up being the last 1st party Switch game (or moved to the Switch successor) so Tropical Freeze port is likely Switch's DK game as a result.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@sixrings I dunno. There's still a difference to me. But yeah, I'd rather pay 20 for Galaxy than 60 for an uprezzed port, because it's not worth it IMO.

Octane

sixrings

@Octane sadly people like me are part of the problem. I want the games in 1080p 60fps and if it costs 50-60 sure I might complain but I'll pay it.

sixrings

MarioBrickLayer

sixrings wrote:

My second frustration is the lack of games being ported or remastered from the N64 and GameCube era. Those systems are super old so you'd have to be about 30+ to experience them the first time.

Some of the games considered to the best on the GameCube are:-
1. Metroid Prime
2. Resident Evil 4
4. Wind Waker
5. Twilight Princess
6. Metroid Prime 2
7. Mario Sunshine

It's possible all of these could be on the Switch within 12 months.

We've also seen sequels to:-

1. Paper Mario
2. Mario Kart
3. Animal Crossing
4. Mario Party
5. Pikmin
6. Luigi's Mansion

MarioBrickLayer

Octane

@sixrings That sounds like a free update to me, not something I'd pay €60 for...

Octane

sixrings

@Octane but which one of us is the average Nintendo consumer? I'm not saying definitively it is the higher spender but I'm sure Nintendo would at least like to test the market before giving us cheaper prices.

For the record on the Mario rumour I am going to guess that Mario 64 comes to NSO in order to get people to resubscribe. Mario Galaxy 1/2 gets released as a combo at full price. Mario 3D world deluxe is full price.

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

TheAwesomeBowser

why is it that it I always have to be the one to stop this thread from straying too far off-topic -_-

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

dionysos283

Ok, back to topic:
Do you guys think, we'll see a Direct next week? Maybe an Indie World?

dionysos283

Blooper987

@dionysos283
This week we’ll get a partner showcase

End of August an indie world

September will be a normal direct

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

MarioBrickLayer

dionysos283 wrote:

Ok, back to topic:
Do you guys think, we'll see a Direct next week? Maybe an Indie World?

I think if we're lucky we'll see a Mario Mini. I still think the next Direct we'll see is around E3 next year.

Assuming all the Mario stuff is real, I just think Nintendo would want that to be a stand alone presentation.

So, for there to be a direct Nintendo would have to be ready to release other games before Christmas, which if they were, why not include Pikmin 3 in that presentation too?

MarioBrickLayer

Bankaj

@dionysos283 definitely not. September at earliest if any. Honestly believe Big Directs belong to the past. We had a surprise anouncement for Pikmin 3 this month, which for me is enough reason to believe no direct is planned.

Also, too many ports and remakes to my taste. I'm feeling a lack of new adventures within my adored IP's from Nintendo. Don't feel the hype for Mario Remasters for this reason, don't understand why there is such a support and craving for ports/remakes, especially considering the price tags on them.

Bankaj

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

About DK, I'd imagine we would've gotten a Tropical Freeze sequel if Retro wasn't needed for Metroid Prime 4. Metroid Prime 4 will probably end up being the last 1st party Switch game (or moved to the Switch successor) so Tropical Freeze port is likely Switch's DK game as a result.

I’d honestly like to know what they have been doing for the last 6 years. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have had a game cancelled, there’s a load of stories of when they first started having a bunch of their projects cancelled by Ninty.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

dionysos283

@Bankaj
I guess many people are just desperate to get anything "new" from Nintendo. Also, not everyone played these old games. So Nintendo can take advantage of this to fill the gaps.

dionysos283

Grumblevolcano

I think we'll get Indie World on 17th or 18th, 3rd party partner showcase on 20th and normal Direct on September 3rd.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic