Forums

Topic: Mortal Kombat 11 --OT--

Posts 101 to 120 of 121

jump

@Zeldafan79 Yeah I missed the last one, I've just gone to wiki to read up on what I missed. It was like playing the new Mario game and finding out in the last Mario is now evil and killed Peach.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

They have announced a new lot of DLC fighters, Rain, Rambo and Mileena. I'm not hugely fussed, I would have loved to see Meat and Goro instead.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Poppies_92

I'm debating if I should also pick this up on Switch, I got hyped after seeing the new DLC trailer. Rain!!! haha I mostly play this on the PS4 from time to time, but would like to have it also on the go during bus rides and such. Does it run well if anyone who owns this? Thanks!

Poppies_92

Switch Friend Code: SW-1286-6402-9325

jump

@Poppies_92 the frame rate and gameplay are good but the details/resolution could be better particularly in handheld mode. The hair on the fighters looks weird when it jumps from cut scene to a fight. The PS4 version is a noticeably better version but the Switch one is playable.

Nicolai wrote:

Poppies_92

@jump Thanks, as long as its playable that's for good me, this is a type of game I would most likely play only on portable mode. It just looks like such a demanding game for Switch lol

Poppies_92

Switch Friend Code: SW-1286-6402-9325

Zeldafan79

Hey guys I'm sure some of you have heard about the new Kombat pack 2 announcement trailer but if you haven't here it is!

So who's still playing this game and stoked? I sure am! Love me some MK!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

jump

I’m always in two minds about their guest stars, Injustice was almost perfect with getting Hellboy and The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but MK seems to love 80’s action movies whilst I get people are fans of Rambo, Terminator and Robocop some more modern action stars would be nice. I’m surprised they haven’t got Jean-Claude Van Damme yet since he was such a big inspiration to the original MK.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

gcunit

Who's Vann Dan - the Belgian cousin of Lieutenant Dan?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

@gcunit My bad, the Rob Van Dam spelling entered my head rather than Jean-Claude Van Damme's.

Nicolai wrote:

Zeldafan79

@jump
Well the MK series does have alot of 80's inspiration in there. You may have already heard about a little movie called big trouble in little china. Raiden, shang tsung and Liu kang were basically right outta that one! Though liu kang was also obviously mainly supposed to be Bruce lee as well. Then There's a lesser known character called Kobra from MK 6 AKA Deception who's pretty much a karate kid reference.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

jump

@Zeldafan79 That’s all well and good but it doesn’t change it’s references from 4 decades ago ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Zeldafan79

@jump
Yeah but the 80's were awesome. It's stuff they got now that's mostly garbage. If there were things they could reference from now that didn't suck that would be well and good.
Oh and I'm from 4 decades ago! How dare you sir!😜

What would you suggest they could reference that isn't from that long ago and not totally lame?

Edited on by Zeldafan79

jump

@Zeldafan79 nah, there’s been plenty of good things since the 80s, it seems silly to say otherwise. I just find the 80s overload unnecessary when MK has its own rich history to chose from.

Keep in mind for most normal aged people the 80s is as far back as the 50s was for you. ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Zeldafan79

@jump
Spawn and Kratos are the only guest characters in MK created after the 80's. I'm trying to think of anyone first created after the 80's that would fit MK but I'm really drawing a blank. Everytime i think i got one I'm like, nope that's actually from the 80s. It was a hell of a decade!

How bout Ellie from TLOU 2? She was pretty damn brutal and did alot of fatalities in that game LOL!
oh wait Sony, nevermimd. Still can you imagine?

Edited on by Zeldafan79

jump

@Zeldafan79 My first pick would be The Bride from Kill Bill. She ticks all the boxes of over the top violence, cool looking and has fighting ability for me.

I wouldn't mind John Wick, Scott Pilgrim, Machete*, Rama from The Raid, Buffy, Homelander from The Boys, Preacher, Michelle Yeoh from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Xena too.

Again it not that I dislike the 80s guests, it’s just it’s coming off as very dated at this point.

*thinking about it as Danny Trejo is a big Animal Crossing fan so Machete’s Friendship should be him playing Animal Crossing.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Zeldafan79

@jump
Some good picks in there. I know all about how gory Kill bill is! I guess Ed boon and his team must just really have a crush on 80's nostalgia. It's sorta in these days with all the stuff from that decade being cool again with shows like cobra Kai and stranger things. Not to mention all the recent reboots/remakes of movies from then. Who knows maybe in 10 years the 00's will be cool again.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

SonOfVon

gotta say I love the dlc, got it on sale when it was around 20gbp with all the fighters included. breathes new life in the game. I think I'll get the next fighter pack as well but jeez, rambo? who's next dr peter venkman? are they remaking the expendables?

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread  Discord 

Magician

The release of Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate is on the horizon. Unlike the physical release for Aftermath, AmazonUK mentions there being a cartridge included with Ultimate. I wonder if WB Games decided to pony up for a 32 GB cartridge or is this yet another physical release with a mandatory download?

Edit: Bah! I haven't bought enough through AmazonUK to be allowed to post a simple question.

"Is the entire base game of Mortal Kombat 11 on the cartridge for the release of Ultimate?"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mortal-Kombat-Ultimate-Nintendo-Swit...

Surprisingly, MK 11 U won't be released physically in North America.

https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/article...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Finally AmazonUK updated their MK11U page to mention this "physical" release is just a code in a box.

Better late than never I guess.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mortal-Kombat-Ultimate-Nintendo-Swit...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@Magician That's rubbish but thing is though when Warner Bros games go on sale they go on sale hard so I was happy to skip the physical version of MK11.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic