Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 1,920

urrutiap

Ive been playing alot of catching up in Generations Ultimate a couple of days ago for Village 8 star quest stuff.

just yesterday i found out on my own while playing the game that a food skill which is helpful to me when playing as human hunter that the food skill makes larger monsters weaker so you can go through the quests quicker. Dunno if its just me that sort of noticed. Even when I was playing as my palicos fighting a bulldrome and a Velociraptor or Iodrome that they died faster or whatever

urrutiap

urrutiap

Ive been playing the game's main village quests to try to get to the Valstrax but the game keeps throwing more quests one after another at me.

lagriacis quests 2 of them, then a khezu, one or two more Nargacugas, a Duramborus capture quest, a wyvern egg fetch quest, two hunting Zinogre quests, a capture a zinogre quest and two Rath quests.

Will the game ever let me fight the first Valstrax at all or what?

urrutiap

Northwind

@urrutiap, I just checked, and Valstrax in single player is available at 10-star level - that is, the very highest level of single player. You need to beat almost everything else first. Based on your mentioning a Duramboros capture quest, I'm guessing you're at 9-star right now - so, almost there?

FWIW, Valstrax is also available in multiplayer at rank G4, the highest level of G-rank (making it effectively the 'penultimate boss' of the multiplayer circuit).

BTW, I've barely touched the single-player game but have an HR 9 (that is, 'just hit G-rank') hunter on my current save file and would love to grind out a bit of High Rank or early-G if anyone else wants to in advance of Rise's launch. I previously had an HR 800+ (lost that save file), so I'm no amateur; would probs need to farm some decent armour before going deep into G, tho.

Edited on by Northwind

Autocorrect keeps causing me to write things I didn't Nintendo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8422-8721-1910 | My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

urrutiap

That's cool.

Im still slowly grinding away at those 9* village quests. i just want to fight the normal Village valstrax instead of having to go online for the Hunters pub just to fight a valstrax.

For the past couple of days ive been using the Akantor X armor and the Khezu X armor to play through the main Village quests and ive been doing pretty good even though the game keeps popping up with more quests lol

urrutiap

Northwind

Ok, serious question. No judgement at all, just curiosity:

How do people manage to get to high-G rank without knowing how armour skills work?

I rarely manage to pass a night of hunting without seeing at least one and often several people who have HR-broken who are wearing random assortments of dead creatures. And I might write if off as just maximising defence with what they had available, if they did not also have a gem in every single slot - yet still zero active skills.

urrutiap

I already know that about the 'key" quests for 9*.

urrutiap

urrutiap

I heard otherwise though where youre supposed to do ALL of the village 9* quests including the capturing the agnaktor, capture the zinogre and the palico quests.

But Generations Utimate keeps popping up with more quests after another which is taking a long damn time.

I have to go online for the Hunter's Pub just to fight a frikkin valstrax

urrutiap

Drussa

@urrutiap , there are so many quests in this game it is borderline absurd. Just do the key quests first (there are references of some pre-quests you need to do to get them but those are mentioned in the link as well). Once all key quests are done you always get the urgent ones and that is the one you want as it is Valstrax.

Drussa

glaemay

@Northwind They can focus on raw defense until they get all the part needed to get the full armor they want. There's no really point to get a full armor before G-rank.

glaemay

urrutiap

well, i always tag along in a few early G rank online quests to get materials to make G rank armor to get through some low rank and high rank Village stuff.

Village quests in my opinion i swear theyre tougher than G1 quests.

I can manage to do G1 stuff on my own if its a Volvidon or Azurus but if its something like a regular G rank Hermitaur or Hyper something then I have to join up with other people online.

Hopefully Capcom tones the toughness down a bit for Monster Hunter Rise

urrutiap

Northwind

@glaemay, might wanna reread what I wrote

urrutiap

well, people manage anyway when wearing armor whether its G rank armor for the mid high rank stuff for regular Village and the plain Hub.

some of those skills like Crit whatever, I managed just fine without relying on those skills since they never help out at the right moment when youre dealing with something like an annoying tough high rank Gammoth or an Agnaktor when a water great sword bounces off for no reason.

urrutiap

urrutiap

When Monster Hunter Rise, I hope Capcom has toned it down with some of the stuff from Generations and World.

World, in my opinion was more of an online multiplayer game that screwed up offline single player by making certain monsters too damn tough like Nergigante and Bezelguise

urrutiap

urrutiap

I finally unlocked the main games Village Valstrax urgent. Took a long time to get to it.

urrutiap

JaxonH

@urrutiap
Ha! You think Nergigante and B52 are too tough? Oh man do I have some news for you lol...

Just wait til you get to end game of Iceborn and fight Alatreon and Fatalis. I think Fatalis in Iceborn is genuinely the most difficult fight of any MH game to date, by a comfortable margin. Some of the most skilled players out there streamed the Fatalis quest for 5-7 hours and still didn’t beat him by the end of it.

And that makes no mention of all the other monsters before that which are significantly more difficult than Nergigante or B52. Even HR Kirin is a pain, and there’s an entire expansion of monsters in Master Rank after that. Deviljho and Black Diablos, Rajang...

PLAYING
NS: Pikmin 3, Ori Will of the Wisps, FE Three Houses
PC: Persona 4, Monster Hunter World

EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Rise, Monster Hunter Stories 2, SMT5
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

urrutiap

youre too late JaxonH. I already beat the story Iceborn stuff couple of months ago. Beat the super tough Shara monster. That was enough for me. Then I stopped playing Monster Hunter World. Capcom pretty much forced you to SOS people then the whole game ended up as an all online game. I pretty much got tired of that

urrutiap

urrutiap

Well I finally did it. Beat the game's main Village urgent valstrax. I wore Glavenus X gemmed it up to raise parts destroyer. Weapon I used was the great sword Dusterstolz

items I had to use during the battle were flash bombs and only a few Mega potions which I had honey to combine with potions for back up.

The fight was pretty easy. I thought it would be tough but the food skill weakener helped out too which i could have done without

urrutiap

Drussa

@urrutiap , good job and congratz I am started my special permits deviant hunt solo yesterday. not a big success yet. I keep killing the monsters instead of capturing them so i am getting the
Gargwa Mask X to get capture Guru during these quests. trying out different styles and weapons during these hunts as well ( I main Aerial Charge Blade / Areal Switch Axe and trying to get into Insect Glaive and Dual blades. Thinking about Hunting Horn but it just comes over so complicated for me to use as solo weapon).

Drussa

urrutiap

thing is about Monster Hunter games, Im not hardcore when playing them. I just play it casually but I do enjoy them figuring out the gameplay mechanics as I go along. But I dont obsess over armor skills but some of those armor skills help out alot like Heat cancel and earplugs. as for complicated stuff like Crit somethingsomething I just ignore them since they never help out at the right time.

Plus weapons made by Tigrexes etc where the weapons end up with negative affinity, i know nothing about what really goes on with that stuff.

Freedom Unite I played half of the game years ago. I stopped when the game unlocked the Nargacuga and Rajang because how old the gameplay and how tough the movements are in that game but i have gotten back into Freedom Unite earlier this year.

Freedom Unite and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate are the only two games of Monster Hunter that I havent beat the main story monster quests etc.

Since I know now about a few useful food skills like Weakener that could have helped me out big time years ago lol but not everyone has the time and patience to figure out stuff like that in the game whether theyrein the right kind of mood or whatever

urrutiap

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic