Forums

Topic: hey all is it okay to get a oled switch oct 2023 ?

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Fereal

hey all is it okay to get a oled switch next mouth ? i see the rumours for switch 2 ?
i am not a hardcore gamer anymore and just playing 2 3 games
i am looking for a new console but i am not sure and if its okay to buy a switch any cool multiplayer games to recommend i only see mario ace tenis is pretty good looking

Fereal

My Nintendo: Fereal

MontyCircus

There will probably be a new "Super Switch Pro 2" (or whatever it ends up being called), out by holidays 2024. So if you can wait a year for a new console, then that would be the frugal choice.

Top 10 Most-owned Switch multiplayer games are:

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • Super Mario Party
  • Diablo III: Eternal Collection
  • Cuphead
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Golf Story

(I used DekuDeals "most owned" feature, and eliminated some that I don't think are truly multiplayer experiences).

MontyCircus

blindsquirrel

Nope the penalty for getting one is, believe it or not, straight to jail.

Being serious, although a new console is likely coming, it won’t be until late next year. Maybe even early 2025. The switch has a ton of really good games to play until then, so I would say an OLED would be worth it.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

luckyseven

@EaglyBird not to mention all of the vague “2024” dates with TTYD, Dark Moon remaster, Side Order along with anything else I’m forgetting

xenoblade!!!

DiamondCore

@luckyseven side order had a specific release date iirc though

Pretty much inactive
-=-=-=-
Development (B)log: https://diamondcore.itch.io/monochromia-dcs
Reviews: https://letterboxd.com/diamondcore/
Currently Playing: Suprisingly, nothing.

NinChocolate

If u can afford it, do it. It’s a beautiful screen for your switch backlog

NinChocolate

luckyseven

@DiamondCore Yeah it has spring 2024 but that could mean anywhere from March - May. SRL also said it would be the release date at the “earliest” which worries me a bit

xenoblade!!!

CJD87

@Fereal I would say yes it is worth it, assuming you don't already own a Switch Original?

Switch2/Pro is on the horizon for sure, and next year 2024 looking likely, but you may find that it could target a holiday Q3-Q4 release and be >1year away.

In any case, if you buy an OLED now then you could probably trade it in towards the cost of Switch2 upon release (let us hope that Backward compatibility is a 'thing' eh )

I'm essentially doing a similar thing with the Steamdeck. I really want to play some current gen games (Armored Core 6, Resi 4) and took the plunge on a Deck to accompany my OLED Switch. When Switch2 drops, I'll likely sell my SteamDeck or OLED, depending on where we sit with backwards compatability. If Switch2 is BC I'll sell the OLED. If not BC I'll sell the deck

CJD87

jowy_sw

I bought the ToTK Switch OLED this year (having the og Switch that I boubt at launch back in 2017) and I honestly don't regret it. My little brother now can use my older Switch so he got one for free and the screen of the OLED is quite good (and it's the first "limited edition" console that I've ever own so it's also exiting in that way).

I'm fortunate to have quite a bit disposable income for a while so.... yeah. If you don't have THAT much money to waste just wait until the Switch 2 next year since it will probably be backwards compatible and buy some games for your backlog instead.

Edited on by jowy_sw

jowy_sw

Hwatt

I'd consider used first. Extremely probable that next year the successor to Switch will be released.

Hwatt

card-crunch78

Even though my Switch (August 2017) still works fine, part of me wants to get an OLED as an upgrade. The other part is preferring to hold off until the Switch successor is announced. 😓

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

luckyseven

@EaglyBird If it has a chance of being revealed earlier in the year I’m worried about there not being a February Direct (but if it’s the last one for the normal Switch it better be good)

xenoblade!!!

SwitchForce

Getting a OLED is up to you - just remember the cost is higher to get the OLED. As to when the Super 2 comes out that is up to Nintendo. But they talked about getting it out sooner then later but we'll see how that pans out. But knowing Nintendo they do surprises and if we see something later in 2023 about it and maybe something or release date as rumored for march 2024 whether Hardware release or announcement that is what everyone is wafting to hear. Remember if it does come out Holiday 2023 it's going to be pricey at 399.99USD is what being rumored right now. They in some reports said this was a price point where they wouldn't hurt sales.

SwitchForce

rockodoodle

See if you can find a good deal on a used one, unless you just don’t care about being an early adopter for the new system. I have had the OLED since launch, but just now started using it bc my OG switch was working fine. It really is a nice looking screen and it seems to be a slightly sturdier build.

rockodoodle

Ryu_Niiyama

I mean the switch has a massive library and we don’t know the specs for the successor (will it have oled for instance… for me if it doesn’t I will wait but I have hundreds of switch games to play. ) so you may want to buy a switch and games now and just trade the machine in if you want to get the successor later.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

If you want one, then why not. Just get a Lite or something.

Then again, they might waiting for you to buy one before they announce the next one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic