Forums

Topic: Illumination Mario Movie

Posts 401 to 409 of 409

Kermit1doesmath

@Snatcher they got a new movie coming out this year from what I know. We'll probably get it next year (I don't really know how dubbing works).

dysgraphia awareness human

Sunsy

Mario movie is coming to Peacock August 3rd. Tagging @NintendoLife as this is newsworthy.

For those who have Peacock, it's coming in about a month!

Edit: Instagram embed seems to not be showing. I'd link Twitter, but it's asking me to sign up, so this is the best I could do for providing a source.
Link to Peacock's post about the Mario movie on Instagram

Edit 2: Guess a link will do then.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

The Super Mario Bros. Movie is finally on Peacock, right now. Watched it again with mom. Also, mom noticed a little detail in the breakfast scene with Mario's family, a Sicilian-styled coffee maker. Which is nice since my mother's side of the family is part Italian, she also remembers the family dinners similar to what Mario's family did at the beginning of the movie.

It was fun revisiting the movie, and got to show it to mom.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Purgatorium

I watched this for the first time last night and I gotta say it was pretty good. It didn't have a lot of the problems I was expecting. It dragged a bit in the final act but all around it was a fun, vibrant and maximalist world, exciting action sequences and pretty funny at times. I would have loved it as a kid and you gotta treat it like a kids movie and not take it too seriously

Purgatorium

FishyS

@Purgatorium Yeah, I don't really understand the initial bad reviews. Honestly the only major thing I would change in the movie is remove the weird underwater part where they got eaten and then speed-ran emotional bonding. Honestly they should have just ganged up on an enemy and then fist-bumped - it would have had just as much emotional impact (e.g. a tiny smidge) without the confusion and unnecessary dragging-out of that whole part of the movie.

Also, although I personally loved the depressed Luma, it probably could have shown up one fewer time; they really doubled down on that joke.

Basically great movie, but if they had edited out a few unnecessary scenes and made a couple others a little longer (e.g. the super short trip to the Kong Kingdom), the pacing would have been better. If I was rating the movie like I rate games, I would have given it 8/10. If they improved the scene-cramming and a couple other minor things it would have been 9/10.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Purgatorium

@FishyS
I agree completely. The underwater part was the exact moment I felt it started to drag. And the Luma was funny until it got too much. It was like haha... wait.. this is getting dark.

Purgatorium

card-crunch78

I saw this movie THREE TIMES at my theater this year.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Workcomesfirst

After watching it it is a shame the film sucked. Most of them didn't sound good.

Workcomesfirst

Croctopus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic