Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 12,088

Whydoievenbother

@shaneoh I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. Unless that opinion is that Pixels (That stain on human history that Adam Sandler made) was good because that is factually incorrect.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

NintendoFan64

@shaneoh And I'm still of the popular opinion that he shouldn't attack other people's opinions (Seriously, people are allowed to like Sega!).
@MrMario02 I have not sen that film, but from what I've heard, I feel like I would hate it.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

jump

shaneoh wrote:

I'm still of the unpopular opinion that Socar is entitled to his opinion

It's not so much his opinion but rather the extremism and bad logic behind them which make his opinions unpopular.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@arronishere: Isn't that the whole point of this thread?

Look, haven't you seen a lot of negativity towards Nintendo fans ranting about Nintendo this year. People still rant about them not getting into the times along with SEGA. I love Nintendo and I don't have much of issues with them because they give me games that I want. But you guys aren't satisfied with what Nintendo has offered you as of now for the most part.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Socar

@arronishere: Let me spell it out for you.

Many fans here don't like Nintendo's next handheld having dual screens. Some of them want only one screen.
Loyal Nintendo fans didn't like the way Nintendo did the Wii.

These fans want Nintendo to make powerful hardware. Some of them are losing faith at Nintendo because of the lack of third party support.

However, despite that, Nintendo fans are open minded about the said comments. Sure, I don't think third parties will help Nintendo because they have no idea what they want Nintendo to do for them, but I do understand the need of third party games being there so that gamers won't feel like they only get Nintendo stuff.

SEGA fans on the other hand cannot admit the flaws that SEGA has done over the years. Rushing development, making constant dumb decisions now and then and not making use of their damn IP's. Many claim that Nintendo doesn't make use of all their IP's but the amount of IP's that Nintendo doesn't make use of compared to SEGA is so low.

The only IP that I can think of that Nintendo isn't doing a lot as of now is F-Zero, Golden Sun and Advance Wars. But SEGA? oh......oh....to many to freaking count.

Rhythm thief could have sold really....really well if SEGA did the marketing better for that game and provided the stock for the game as well. I'd be happy if they just ported Sonic Generations on Wii U instead since the Wii couldn't provide HD graphics. But no. Instead we get a cheap version of the game on the 3DS which barely has any levels from the handheld games.

What great of games has SEGA really made that made you or anyone want to buy the system because of that game alone?
The only reason SEGA is saved is because of Atlus. I'm very positive that even if SEGA bought Capcom yet barely makes use of their talent to make SEGA's dormant IP's, I'd still be angry at them.

Shinion

I do have to admit that it's odd that Sega didn't at the very least port Sonic Generations to the Wii U. What have they got to lose, besides money, which they're doing so well at already this would be a drop in the ocean for them.

Shinion

Whydoievenbother

Socar wrote:

The only IP that I can think of that Nintendo isn't doing a lot as of now is F-Zero, Golden Sun and Advance Wars.

Actually, here's a few more:
ExciteBike
Ice Climbers
Balloon Fight
Mother (Before you bring up what Shigesato Itoi said, Nintendo can still theoretically make games using the mother license anytime they want.)
Wario Land (Not as much WarioWare but we haven't have a new main series one since Smooth Moves)
Wave Race
Sin & Punishment
Custom Robo
Starfy
1080°
Panel de Pon/ Puzzle League

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Dave24

@TheLastLugia: well, it got released in 2011 and by the time U hit the scene, it was cheap as chips everywhere and on anything. Selling the game on U launch for 10-15 bucks doesn't look like beneficial option. And cheap half-assed port is not good either.

@MrMario02: oui! No mention of Mike shoving the bananas into his ears shows that Nintendo completely doesn't do justice for this series.
I mean StarTropics of course.
Although it got little stealth release on U, so I could be in the wrong.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

NintendoFan64

@MrMario02 1. Wario Ware HAS had some games after Smooth Moves: DIY and Game & Wario.
2. Actually, Itoi owns the rights to the Mother series, so Nintendo would have to go to him to make more Mother games, so...yeah. Might have to scratch that one off.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Rogueleader0908

I REALLY REALLY like Battlefront. It's probably one of my top games this year. It's so much fun.

Rogueleader0908

Nintendo Network ID: Rogueleader0908

Socar

@MrMario02: The IP's that you have listed are long forgotten. Wave Race is never going to happen because Nintendo would instead use Wii Sports to bring that Wave Race feel.

Wario Land isn't an IP. Its a spin-off series though admittedly, I would love to see another Wario game soon.

Despite the few more IP's you've mentioned, its still nowhere as huge as SEGA's amount of IP's......If Gunstar Heroes isn't going to happen, well so is Sin and Punishment.

Also, some of the IP's are Japan exclusive and while none of them come to my mind of wanting them to come to the west, SEGA's IP Sakura Wars sure as hell does being that only one game got a western release and the rest are nothing.

SuperWiiU

Socar wrote:

@MrMario02: The IP's that you have listed are long forgotten. Wave Race is never going to happen because Nintendo would instead use Wii Sports to bring that Wave Race feel.

Wario Land isn't an IP. Its a spin-off series though admittedly, I would love to see another Wario game soon.

Wave Race isn't the same as Wii Sports just because it has waterscooter races. It's just a minigame in that game and Wave Race is a full featured racing game with a completely different look and feel. And this might surprise you, but they're not replacing Mario Kart with a mini-game in Wii Sports either.

Wario Land started off as a spin-off, but it's grown into a seperate series and it is an IP.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Whydoievenbother

@Socar: Although yes, the first Wario Land was originally the 3rd Mario Land game, It later experimented with developing it's own characters and stories, and changed to have a more distinct gameplay style. I mean, do people remember characters like Captain Syrup and the Shake King as Mario characters?

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Vinny

The Nintendo 64 is by far my least favorite Nintendo console.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Socar

@SuperWiiU: You can say the same thing for a typical Zelda game being similar to Metroid. Both games require you to explore a lot and find places that are cryptic.

For every IP that Nintendo has that doesn't end up reaching to their expectations, they will most likely represent the IP's feature through other methods like how they made an F-Zero minigame or how they did Mario Kart 8 instead of actually putting F-Zero characters in it. And that's fine because they atleast tell us that they haven't forgotten the IP's that we love to this day.

But SEGA? The only thing that they did is slap Vyse in VC and that's that. They didn't even bother doing a short minigame on him or recreating that Skies of Arcadia experience like how Nintendo did like I said earlier. In many ways, Nintendo is simply better than SEGA and before anyone talks about their online stuff being horrible, keep in mind that with the merging that just happened, they might be able to do it better than now and also, they want to deliver products at an affordable price so asking them to improve their online modes is like asking them to make their consoles powerful because it is very costly to have online gaming.

Look, I got nothing against people who love SEGA and if they like them better than me, kudos to them. I'm just saying that the people who love SEGA deserve better from them and as of now, SEGA hasn't even made an attempt to win back the audience it once had.

@MrMario02: SEGA made a game called Tails Adventure. Can you consider that a spin-off or a brand new IP? Also, Wario is a character from the Mario series so he is a spin off character regardless of his games being extremely different than Mario. I think people need to understand the difference between spin-offs and new IP's. When Federation Force comes out and ends up doing well (atleast that's what we and Nintendo hope that it should be) can you consider it a spin-off or an IP of its own?

Edited on by Socar

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: Then he should have put some air ships or included a small quest where you need to recruit Vyse to complete that quest. Instead its nothing but a guest appearance.

Whydoievenbother

@Socar: Tails doesn't have his own IP because there was no Tails Adventure 2.
Wario Land does have sequels, and the games qualify as an IP of their own because they:
1. Have original characters we don't see in Mario such as Ashley, Captain Syrup, Kat & Ana, 9-Volt and more.

2. Tell different kinds of stories than Mario games (I know that story is not the focus of Mario or Wario, but it's still a difference worth noting. Whereas Mario games tell stories about saving the day, Wario stories are about greed and getting rich.)

3. Have their own settings and game mechanics.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Megas75

Man each time I visit this thread I'm always amazed by some of the diarrhea written in here

I guess to include an unpopular opinion: I enjoyed the Legend of Korra game

Edited on by Megas75

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

GamecubeMan

I feel like the gaming community has gone down hill. Everyone, myself included is too hung up on graphics, or frames or blah, blah blah. What ever happened to just having fun? Also, it seems like people are more concerned with arguing than playing games. I like to debate a lot too but what ever happened to debating in a respectable and kind manner? Regardless, I hope everyone, myself included learns to be more grateful about gaming and the community as a whole despite me being slightly hypocritical by saying this...

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic