Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,455

KarrotMan

I'd have to agree with @Wavedude Wily wars isn't the best way to play the classic trilogy, but at least its got the exclusive Wily Tower. Really, that's the only thing to look forward to if you've played the NES games and it is honestly a great side game. I love the Bosses there who are based on characters from Journey to the West and are quite fun to fight. I haven't finished it though, and I only plan to continue if I ever nab myself a reproduction cart and a Genesis system.

As for the graphics, I do like how Mega has turned out but I'm not alright with how lifeless the stages look compared to the Nes counterparts. Even if the backdrops are more detailed, the darker colors take away the lively charm of the Classic. Also if the OST is to go by, the Classic music is not meant for Genesis instruments. Period.

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

ThePirateCaptain

I feel like I need to give a shoutout to @Shiryu for the fantastic work on his new Mega Man remix album. I just finished listening to it today and it's pretty good stuff, you can check it out here if you want. It's certainly better than anything Capcom has been giving us of late

The Gameboy Mega Man games were supposed to come out by the end of the year, but it looks like another promise fell through.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Shiryu

Thanks man, glad you appreciated. ^_^
More to come in 2014! But for now, "F-Zero" tomorrow and the 25 years of Megadrive on Friday the 20th.

"No Surrender, No Retreat."

Nintendo Network ID: Shiryu | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

No problem

The Wily Castle stage is one of my favorite tracks in the series and you did a great job with it. I look forward to seeing what you have planned for next year.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

KarrotMan

Speaking of Mega man albums, there is a fan made MM game that was canceled a year ago, but the team members decided to pull through with the Sound track. Pretty nifty songs if you ask me, some of the the songs here measure up to the best of the NES games. Check them out here.
Untitled
More art Here.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

GuSolarFlare

I've been wondering for a while..... is it Mega Man or Megaman the right way? it always gets me confused....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

KarrotMan

Some fan just made an anime opening mockup based on the Mega Man Gigamix manga by Hitoshi Ariga and it is awesome. I would totally fund this if it were kickstarted as a series.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Tasuki

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I've been wondering for a while..... is it Mega Man or Megaman the right way? it always gets me confused....

You know I am not sure myself. Sometimes I spell it Mega Man other times its Megaman. I have seen it spelled both ways a various places so I am not even sure it one is right and one is wrong.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KarrotMan

@Tasuki They have the ROMS... not sure if they're the same as the source code though. Also, I already have the 5 GB games in Cartridge form , but I'll gladly double dip just to have them in english. MM IV and V were really great, which surprised me since the past three games felt a bit chopped down. MMII though... I hope you guys aren't playing that game with headphones. Also, Megaman from the FUTURE?!? WITH A POGO STICK?!?!? smh

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

KarrotMan

So... Mega May starts tomorrow and we'll be getting one of the six MM GB games that were voted. I'm holding out for either MMV or MM Xtreme 2 but I'm sure both those games have a chance in winning the votes.

Anyway, with my finals over with, I decided to reward myself with these two neat figures from Bandai's D-arts Line. Definitely one for the MM fans out there, hope Bandai decides to do more classic characters.
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Tasuki

Karakato wrote:

@Tasuki They have the ROMS... not sure if they're the same as the source code though.

Still it kinda irked me when they used that excuse for cancelling the Mega Man GB Collection on what either GBA or DS I forgot which system it was for. Still I guess now I will be able to finally play Mega Man V on GB and in the end that's all that matters right?

My Backlog

KarrotMan

Yeah, kinda bummed we did not get that GBA game. Was looking forward to play it alongside the Console anniversary collection. But at least other players can experience it now that the games are coming to the eshop without having to track down the real carts themselves.

Also, speaking of handheld games, think Mega man and Bass (gba) will be coming to the WiiU eshop? I'm sure Capcom will not bother translating the superior SFC original but I think this game is really great despite all the flak it gets for being too difficult (Burner Man and King Fortress 2 come to mind). Bass was super fun to play as and the weapons were interesting to say the least. I do hope that game gets a translated rerelease of it's original SFC version, as the gba version can suffer at times from screen crunch.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Tasuki

So it looks like we got Mega Man Xtreme today on the 3DS VC. I have never played this one yet alone heard of it. Is it any good? Or should I hold off on this one?

My Backlog

KarrotMan

Well I played it before and I wasn't that into it, Couldn't really pin point why at that time aside from the controls. Playing it again this time on the 3DS, I just beat the intro stage and the two bosses and I have to say, If you've played MMX and MMX2 then you've basically played 80% of the game. If the first three stages are a given, then stage elements from the SNES games were rehashed. Also, Dashing is very awkward to use. You can either press start, double tap the dpad, or press Down+Jump, all of which are a bit finicky for someone who has just played MMX3. This wouldn't be a problem if the Gameboy Virtual console games had the option to map the button layout but at least Dashing is a bit more downplayed in this game.

In terms of presentation, the game looks and sounds great. Props to the devs for translating the snes games to the GBC screen. Even in a smaller sprite size X manages to move gracefully. The only negative thing about it is the limited view, I had a few instances where I would run into an enemy or fall into a death trap without warning.

Anyway, I guess this is a neat yet flawed conversion that shares the problems of the first MM GB game. Though If you can only get one MM game, just pass this up for MMIV or MMV (Haven't played Xtreme 2 yet so I can't judge But I heard it's better than the first with a playable Zero). But if you have money to burn or want MMX on the go, it's worth a shot. I mean it's this or that MMX iphone game... or wait for a sale.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Tasuki

@Karakato: Wow thanks for the in depth explanation. I think I will hold off on this one for now as I don't have too much money to burn atm. I guess if I really want to play it that bad I am sure I can find other ways to play it.

My Backlog

MegaStoneSmash91

This doesn't interest me all that much. From what others have said it seems that just playing the original Mega Man X on SNES is a better alternative. It certainly doesn't jump out as something I must get. I am, however, interested in the other Gameboy Mega Man games. I've played very little of them but remember liking them. I'll probably check them out when they release later this month.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tasuki

@MegaStoneSmash91: The main one I am looking forward to probably like everyone else is Mega Man V on GB because of how different the story is compared to all the other Mega Mans. I remember seeing that game back in the day in Nintendo Power but I never was able to get the game. Either I never had the money as a kid, or when I did the stores were sold out of it etc. Been wanting to play that one for something like 20 years now lol.

My Backlog

KarrotMan

They already said they are releasing the next games in chronological order, so next week we'll be getting Mega Man II and III, the former of which is the worst one of the bunch... and also the easiest. Hope you guys are up for a sloppy breather after the challenging first game.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Sorry, this topic has been locked.