Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,481 to 57,500 of 96,526

Anti-Matter

I got second vaccination last June 2021.
Speaking about COVID variant (Omicron type) it gave me ideas for my Queen Covidia multiforms.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Anti-Matter I've always been meaning to ask you about your avatars, where do they come from? They all seem to be from the same series and I've never really seen them before.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Thanks, you look like you got some cool stuff too. It's really cool you lucked out with Zelda system. I lucked out with SMT V, my brother's family got me the steelbook edition. I was just expecting the standard game. I would also say the two Trolls too, because there hasn't been much Trolls stuff for the past year, awesomely the design used for Poppy is based off the Hulu cartoon, TrollsTopia. Most figures of her usually comes from the two movies, one of which was a Trolls World Tour doll repackaged in TrollsTopia packaging.

I remember Yoshi Story easily as it was the only time I took up that offer, and I didn't know such offers were a thing at the time too. I kind of miss them. It was a nice discount you got on your birthday. Neat, my dad got Triple Play 2000 after seeing it at a local store thinking of how realistic it looked at the time. The night also stands out because it was the same night I got a Game Boy link cable. Brother and I were huge into Pokemon at the time.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
Oh, i created my own Chibi Boxers since from year 2014. I choose their names, their looking, etc.
I uploaded my artwork on my Deviantart account (Fascidevvion).
The idea of Chibi Boxer was from Animal Boxing NDS.
I like the game but it was lack of important things. That was too bad, i like the game anyway.
Also, there was never any great cartoonish Boxing games as i found so i made my own Chibi Boxers.
About my Chibi Boxer, i assigned my boxers with Ice Skating so it will looks really extraordinary as i have different vision for my Chibi Boxer. I don't really assigned my boxers like typical tough boxing world situation, instead i want to portray my boxers as cute Chibi six pack dudes with whimsical attitudes like My Sims / Chibi episodes from anime.
I have tried with different model of my boxers such as Anthro animals and Anthro birds.
Here are some samples from my Deviantart.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Anti-Matter That's actually really cool, fair play!

Pizzamorg

So, I have a dilemma. I am currently on a small island seeing my family. Omicron has made it here seemingly in the last week or so. Why the ***** couldn’t wait a couple of weeks, I dunno. Either way, the case numbers are currently fairly small, but the data suggests the case numbers are basically doubling every day.

My original plan was to fly on the 7th, in time to start a new job on the 10th.

However, the 7th gives me just over a week to potentially contract the virus, the new rules in the UK is I have to be able to evidence at minimum a negative anti-gen test within 48 hours of my flight departure time, or I cannot fly.

This puts me in a complicated position. On the one hand, my trip here is almost finished and due to the nature of starting a new job, I am not fully sure when I’ll be able to fly back out and see my family again. I wouldn’t want to bring my trip to a premature end if I didn’t need to.

However, I also don’t want to potentially lose this new job, because I end up contracting the virus a day before I am supposed to fly and I think I need to then wait two weeks, test again and then I can fly?

I could message the company and ask what happens worst case scenario but I don't really wanna put the idea in their head, given I had to mess them around a bit for this trip already. But I also don't really wanna pay the extra to fly say tomorrow, bring my trip to an end and it turns out I wouldn’t have caught it anyway.

But at the same time, if I wait and then end up losing my job because I contract the virus, then that is just as bad in another way.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

jedgamesguy

@Pizzamorg Family is forever and job security is not. That's one way to look at it, but on the other hand it'd be natural to know deep down in your heart of hearts that you will see your family again at some point, so securing short-term income is better. It's a pretty tough one, I admit. Either way has its merits though, so I'm sure you'll make a sensible choice.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Eel

There’s something amusing about my gameplay videos view counts. I don’t truly expect anyone to watch them, they’re pretty much entirely for my own amusement… But whenever I upload gameplay for a farming game, those get… hundreds to thousands of views? Right next to videos literally only I and maybe my brother have watched.

I suppose there’s a market for that content in specific. 😅

Reminds me of that meme with the farmer saying “it’s not much, but it’s honest work”

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG Oh it's that good, huh? Nice - I'll let you know when I see it.

@Fizza Nice. Not quite that one handheld Atari made years ago, though. lol

@Sunsy Ah yeah that's really cool you got the steelbook edition. I never played the SMT games before, I first heard of it when they made some of those games on the 3DS. (I remember seeing that the 3DS had a ton of RPGs as well.) I might give the series a shot at some point, though I have wayyyyyy too many RPGs on my backlog now. And they're so long, too. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

@Eel Is this what you're thinking of perchance?
Untitled

Tyranexx

Got my COVID-19 vaccine booster today. No ill effects so far minus a sore arm, but we'll see how things go. Previously I've been lucky and have only dealt with the soreness and a bit of fatigue. I did have a headache around the time I got the first dose, but that could've resulted from a couple other factors at the time. /shrug

@Sunsy I've liked a couple of the out-of-context Family Guy clips I've found on YT, usually their cutaway gags, but I just can't get into the main show. Kinda like The Simpsons, many fans seem to think the show has overstayed its welcome. I think I've decided on Encanto. I enjoyed the first Sing, but I can wait a bit longer to see it; I might catch it in a couple weeks on a $5 Tuesday at the local movie house.

@MarioLover92 You scored a Zelda G&W as well? Nice! I received one as well, though I'm sure the box of yours wasn't tested by a teething puppy first. The unit itself is fine, so I'm keeping it. Good thing I'm not one of those pristine CIB collectors lol.

Part of what happened with physics is that the teacher at the time did teach at a near-college level for it. Physics involves a lot of formulas/math. I've always been fairly decent at math until you start getting into some of the really advanced subject matter, like calculus and even some trig functions. Let's say some of my math ed in high school wasn't entirely adequate, and that did affect me later on. Doesn't help that I'm not the biggest fan of anything past basic algebra lol.

I would like to see that other drawing, if it isn't too much trouble! My Christmas was fairly decent overall, though a bit of extended family drama put a damper on things for one of my cousins. Long story there.

@TheJGG Would that have happened to be when you were playing Animal Crossing? I did notice you were online! It was about bedtime for me though lol. No problem, it isn't too much! Knew you were looking forward to this conversation. Looking forward to what I run into next - just finished chapter 2 yesterday evening - and eventually getting to Torna as well.

I'm not bothered by anime art styles in general, but compared to previous entries in the series, it initially felt a bit jarring. It's grown on me a bit, but I do agree that it takes away from the uniqueness. I liked XCX's slightly more realistic art style, even if the character models did have a bit of a plastic look; overall, the aesthetics fit the sci-fi theme well. XC:DE definitely is a good blend of the two and is also my favorite style. I've never played the original XC or the 3DS port (Believe me, I hunted for the latter when I received a N3DS XL, but by then it was a unicorn), but I've seen enough comparisons to prefer Shulk's hair style in the original.

XCX definitely had the most difficult combat system. I failed the intro fight spectacularly my first couple of tries until things started to click. Kinda embarrassing TBH since it wasn't my first open world rodeo. Enemies took awhile to wear down too, and running across tyrants and unique monsters in the series...lol. I've already unintentionally been Territorial Rotbart-ed (I'm coining this mouthful) in Gormott. Agreed that XC:DE could be a little easy if you did a lot of sidequests, though a couple of the bosses still gave me some difficulty in Normal mode. Honestly...I'm glad they took out the equipment system in XC2. I like options, but that was almost too much micromanagement in the other games for me.

I like the Nopon, but I do agree the companion in XCX did get a little annoying. They're fun in XC:DE, and I like Riki, though his battle style never clicked with me like most of the others. Seems as though you caught on who my miser comment was referring to, though the game hints that Nopon are quite talented when it comes to trade and bartering.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

Just going to say, I love the idea of cross-play and cross-progression. Been enjoying World of Tanks Blitz on Switch, and when I installed it on my PC last night, all my stuff carried over. That's what I like to see with multi-platform games.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, it even reminds me of the time my brother wanted Halo 4, and I surprised him with the special edition of the game. I actually got into SMT because of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I knew FE meant Fire Emblem, but never heard of Shin Megami Tensei after finding out it was originally an SMT and Fire Emblem crossover, so curiosity got the better of me. Ended up buying SMT Strange Journey Redux on 3DS as a local shop had it, and loved the series since.

Even bought SMT IV digitally just to be able to experience it, grabbed it sometime after the Direct Mini showed off SMT V. It's worth trying, there's an emphasis on exploiting demon weaknesses, and talking to them, negotiating, and trying to recruit them to your party.

@Tyranexx I use to watch Family Guy when I was younger, but the more the years went on, the more I just didn't care for it as much as other cartoons I watched. I just enjoyed more family friendly, or kid friendly cartoons more. Just enjoyed the characters more, the stories and adventures they have, and the worlds they take place in. Example, I love the arts and crafts inspired world of Trolls, it's creative and something like that is something I don't get to see in adult animation. I do remember some of those clips, I haven't watched Simpsons in years. I'm still surprised it's on the air.

Hope you enjoy Encanto, honestly, I'm considering seeing that movie at some point. More I see commercials and promo stuff for it, the more it feels like my kind of movie.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

Ah, I going in for my shot tomorrow, wish me luck all.

So my PS5 order should be next week, Man, I can't wait for this thing to arrive.

@Sunsy oh Encanto is amazing, its 100% one of those movies where its, you like it, or you don't, it can be a hit or miss a lot of the time, and its not what the trailers Market it as.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tyranexx

@Sunsy I'm fine with kid/family friendly cartoons as long as they treat their audience like smart human beings, so to speak; I've seen enough programming to know what works and what doesn't seem to. The PBS show Arthur was a very good example of the former. I admit I still haven't seen any of the Trolls movies, though I believe the original concept of them arrived in the 80s? The recent films seem like a type of franchise revival. Which isn't at all uncommon.

I'm off Friday, so I'm hoping to catch Encanto then. Since it's school break here, I'm sure there will be more of a fellow audience than what I'm used to ($5 Tuesdays exist because that's usually a dead business night; I was the only one in the theater room when I went to see Dune), but I'm sure it'll be a good time.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Snatcher Cool, glad I'm hearing good things about the movie. Though to my surprise, the movie is already on Movies Anywhere too. Literally checked the app for something, and it showed up under new releases. I guess it's one of those early releases.

Similarly, I noticed Vudu had Clifford the Big Red Dog early too. I want to see it as I remember the books as a kid. Funnily enough, I think between Clifford, Sonic Movie, and Detective Pikachu, it's like they're making the cinematic universe of my childhood, lol.

@Tyranexx Indeed. Arthur is a classic, haven't seen it in years, but have a handful of DVDs of the show to watch now and then. Yeah, it's based off the Good Luck Trolls toys, but DreamWorks ended up remaking the characters (IMHO, they look cuter compared to the older dolls, sorry if there's any older Trolls fans out there) and giving them personality (example, Poppy, the one in my avatar, is very positive, upbeat, and looks to the brighter side of things). Funnily enough, the series even pokes fun at the original Trolls toys in one of the holiday specials and the Netflix cartoon.

Have fun this Friday.

Snatcher

@Sunsy I haven't seen the big red dog yet, got to bark on that.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

I did it guys, I beat the real secret final boss of hollow knight, and there is still so much to DO!

@Zuljaras Good to see you kicking, Have a great day!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic