Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,461 to 57,480 of 96,507

Losermagnet

Thanks @Sunsy šŸ˜ hope your Christmas was a good one. I saw that pick you posted yesterday, looks nice! Did you get SMT V and Sonic as gifts? The trolls look super cute btw.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Snatcher

@Sunsy Amazing to hear, My Christmas was amazing as well, I got, the disney classic collection, Oh and the manga seraph of the end! I can't wait to read it, as its been on my manga list! and its actually my first manga I have in physical form!
(BTW the Disney classic collection, kicked my ass)
And of course, I can't forget about the ps5 coming soon!

Plus watched christmas movies all day! it was amazing!

Also also, It was a white christmas, It looked amazing along with the gift opening and passing.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

My desktop calendar 2022 has been already made since mid November 2021, but i still haven't uploaded the cover of my desktop calendar 2022 here.
Should i post the sneak peek of the cover here ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@CactusMan
Here we go.
Untitled

I made the sequel of Boxing Tunes from year 2018 with calendar interface redesigned version of my Boxing on Ice calendar 2021.

Also, i made a calendar poster 2022 with A3 size and all 12 months displayed (already displayed on my bedroom wall).
It's also part of Boxing Tunes 2 but i will post the sneak peek in January 2022.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

For those who missed my early Christmas message....Merry [Late] Christmas!

I had a fairly decent Christmas overall. Most of what I asked for showed up. In the games department, I ended up with both Bravely Default II and Metroid Dread. Not sure when I'll get to either, but hopefully sooner rather than later for Metroid. I also received a Zelda Game & Watch unit that's miraculously undamaged. Why was I concerned about damage, you might ask? Well, my mom ordered the unit online, and nobody was home to receive the package when it was delivered. My brother's outside dog, who is still a puppy, is going through a chewing phase and got a hold of it. The unit itself is fine, but the outer box definitely sustained some damage. It makes me wonder what the box or sleeve that contained it looked like. If I were a collector I'd return it, but I buy these things to use, not display on a shelf lol. I also received a couple of books (A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Green Mile) and DVDs (Office Space, Billy Madison) along with some needed house essentials.

@MarioLover92 Eww, physics. I had a physics class in high school and HATED it. In fact, that's one of the reasons why I decided not to pursue veterinary medicine; I would've had to take a physics class before transferring to a four-year BA program. I do enjoy some forms of science, particularly various categories of earth science and biology, but physics? Nope. Too many formulas and abstract concepts. Make Tyranexx's brain go 404 Not Found.

Love the AC train pic, by the way.

@Snatcher That...was one of the mechanics I disliked in Shovel Knight actually. On one hand, it's more fair than some earlier platformers such as Mega Man, where you lose everything and have a finite number of lives. On the other, while most deaths were fair, a few felt very cheap to me. Trying to reclaim your lost gold over a pit was usually tantamount to suicide depending.

@Sunsy I'm glad that you scored another game! I had a small, but good, haul. Points to top of post I did end up with Metroid. Despite my age, I still quite enjoy animated movies aimed at kids (though it depends on the studio and quality), so I'm sure I'll get 'round to watching the Trolls movies eventually.

@TheJGG Looks like your family is going through an altered version of National Lampoon's Vacation. I hope you're well and that you had a great Christmas!

@JaxonH First, I doubt anyone who regularly frequents the forums minds that you're using this thread to air your feelings; this is the Chit-Chat Thread, after all! I am glad you were able to spend one last Christmas with your father and that he passed in his sleep; to me, this is the most merciful way to go and is how I hope I go when my time comes. Still, for it to be this sudden....I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. I can relate on the dialysis angle; I have an uncle who's a type 1 diabetic and is on a similar dialysis schedule since his kidneys are also shutting down.

As generic as these next words sound (I don't personally feel I'm the best at comfort)....My condolences on you and your family's loss. 78 is a very good age.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter You're welcome. BTW, I recommend the F2P version if you want to try Pokemon Rumble World's gameplay before buying the physical copy. IIRC, it played differently than most Pokemon games.

@Losermagnet You're welcome. It was got to see family. Yup, they were both gifts. My brother's family got me SMT V, it was the steelbook edition. Which is cool and unexpected. Reminds me of Christmas years ago, he wanted Halo 4, but I surprised him with the special edition of the game.

My mom got me Sonic Colors and the Trolls. Thanks, that's one of the reasons why I love the series, the characters are cute.

@Snatcher That's awesome! Disney Classics Collection looks like a fun collection too, I remember playing Aladdin on SNES years ago, and I have the PC version of The Lion King, the old DOS version before GOG pulled it in favor of the newer collection.

Cool, similarly, I watched some Christmas cartoons last night. Watched anything good? I watched My Little Pony: Best Gift Ever and both Prep and Landing shorts. Still watching Christmas movies, just to watch the ones I missed out on.

@Tyranexx Have fun with both games. I'm glad to hear the Game and Watch system is alright. I'm the same way. I'm an adult, but I still love family friendly animated movies and cartoons, personally it's my preferred form of entertainment, next to anime and games.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Tyranexx I thought as much, Hollow knight just doesn't seem your style, But maybe one day, if you think you will be fine with it, you should play it because its an amazing game.

Also I'm happy you got what you ask for, I'm hoping to see a mini review on your thoughts?

@Sunsy Christmas story was a highlight, a love that movie!

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Tyranexx

@Sunsy Thanks! I can definitely say I'm not dreading the new Metroid. (Womp-womp!) I definitely love family-friendly movies and cartoons, but I like some material aimed at older audiences too. Namely classic Simpsons and Bob's Burgers (I'm not a fan of South Park or Family Guy though). Been a bit since I've seen anime, but I've been reading manga on and off. I'm slowly going through the My Hero Academia series between other books as a palate cleanser, and I've also picked up a book containing the first three volumes of Fullmetal Alchemist. I'd kinda like to see a movie this weekend, but I can't decide between Sing 2 or Encanto. Kinda tempted by the new Spider-Man too. :thinking_face:

@Snatcher I play games more to relax these days and prefer not to pull my hair out. XD That's not saying I don't like a challenge, but there's quite a gray area between "challenging" and "trollingly hard" in my book lol. Shovel Knight was (mostly) fine until the later stages since I adapted to the mechanics pretty well. Tinker Knight's stage was by far the worst for me. Ironically, I didn't have many issues with Propeller Knight's stage. I'm sure Hollow Knight is amazing, and I may perhaps try it one day...just not on my own dime.

By "mini review", do you mean the games? I usually post anything ranging from a small blurb to a mini-review in the Games You Recently Beat? thread when I finish something.

Sunsy

@Snatcher Cool, sounds like a good time, I think my brother had A Christmas Story on in the background. Then watched Trolls Holiday In Harmony later in the evening since I wanted to watch it with my sister-in-law.

@Tyranexx Glad to hear it. I've seen an episode of Bob's Burgers, my friend showed me it. I'm also not into Family Guy, though I remember enjoying Futurama during its heyday. Whichever movie you choose, hope you enjoy it. I'm hoping to see Encanto one day.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

Apologies for the late responses. I kinda want to take pics of some of the stuff I got for Christmas as well. Some of the presents I got include the Zelda Game & Watch, a few Switch games that includes WarioWare: Get It Together, and a few Nintendo eShop cards. Though, I did hear the eShop's going through some network troubles, or something like that.

@Sunsy Thanks! I still have both my SNES and N64 as well. I used to love Yoshi's Story as a kid, though I don't have my copy anymore. Star Fox 64 is one of my favorites, I remember my dad getting that game along with a few others, including some baseball game (my dad was a big baseball guy back in the 90s and early 2000s - he was a Braves fan).

@JaxonH I just saw that post of yours...I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's passing. My deepest condolences to you, your family, and loved ones.

@Tyranexx Ah yeah...physics was not an easy subject, to say the least. I started taking it in college, I did hear that's harder than taking it in high school first. I barely survived it, and I'm at least decent at most of the other subjects I took! Some of those physics problems had my brain in TV static mode. lol

Thank you! Thought the sleigh would be perfect right behind the train - the sleigh just needs some wheels on the bottom. If only my AC character could ride it! I did another drawing for Christmas as well, which I posted on my Twitter but I can post it here if you want. Sounds like you had a good Christmas - I loved Metroid Dread, though I haven't played Bravely Default II. I did play the demo of the first one on 3DS for a bit.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Sounds like some cool stuff. I did post a pic of some of my gifts, mainly the games and two Trolls figures. Not in the pic are the Trolls World Tour book and the two shirts I got (one with Poppy from Trolls, the other with Pipp from My Little Pony on it). Gaming wise, I did get Sonic Colors and SMT V.

I lost my copy of Yoshi's Story years ago too, thankfully I have a copy of it downloaded to Wii U when Nintendo use to do that birthday eShop offer. Sounds cool, I think my dad did that with my brother's PlayStation. I think it was Triple Play 2000.

Edited on by Sunsy

jedgamesguy

Our Christmas shipment was delayed so we're celebrating Christmas officially on New Year's Eve. We did come back from our holiday though, covering five thousand kilometres in twelve days, also enduring sixteen PCR tests between ourselves, and crossing four borders. Not much to come back to at home but it feels so strange playing on my Switch on a fifty inch television screen instead on handheld. Some games had pretty dismal handheld performance, like HW: AoC and Monster Hunter but now I can see how the latter fares docked.

Tyranexx wrote:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Only about ten hours in as of this writing and am about to rescue Nia; I've just found Dromarch. It's more Xenoblade, which is a good thing, but I won't lie: this game seems more...anime-ish?...compared to both XCX And XC:DE. I'm picking up combat pretty well, but I admit the tutorials aren't always the most helpful and seem to interrupt the flow of gameplay sometimes. I do love the environments (in docked mode), the soundtrack, like all series games so far, is pure ear candy, and the plot currently has me hooked.

Didn't expect Nopon to be this miserly though.

I'd like to add my thoughts to this even though it's in a different thread, in interest of keeping everything all-inclusive here. Very excited you've gotten around to playing it, I only noticed just now when I saw you playing it via the Switch pop-ups. Can't wait to see what you make of it so far!

My thoughts on the elements you've observed so far aren't very different but I agree that the game has a much more stylised... anime-like art style. It's not for everyone, and I wouldn't exactly say it's for me, not because I hate anime but because it defies the absurdity and uniqueness of the series. I'd say I liked DE's artstyle much more because it was literally a hybrid of X and 2's completely diametrically opposed styles of realism and chibi, respectively. It wasn't perfect by all means, I didn't like how they make Shulk look like another youthful androgynous boy, but it worked.

As for combat, also a middle ground between X and DE. X was punishing at times, some of the mechanics were a bit silly for me, and enemies had large health bars and had insane levels of variation, and DE's enemies were sometime a bit easy if you did the all-sidequest gameplay style. 2's enemies can be punishing if you don't prepare. Having said that the equipment system is nonexistent, so you don't need to always go around and upgrade armour or weapons. Only core chips, which come with different attributes.

The Nopon were interesting in this game actually. They take on lots of different roles in this game compared to X and DE. In X they were downright annoying (I wish Lin cooked the Nopon sidekick at some point) and in DE they were comic relief most times except Bana, who was a complete subversion.

Apologies if it's a bit much but this has been coming! It's my least favourite Xenoblade game but considering the games are all superb it's not a degrading comment. Just the least good.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah I did see your picture, looks like you got some nice stuff. Here's a pic of a few of the gifts I got.

Untitled

I totally lucked out with that Zelda Game & Watch, lol. Some of the other gifts I got that I haven't mentioned include a Breath of the Wild art book, and an official complete works book of the Mega Man Zero series. Oh that's cool, I remember those offers. I recall getting one of those games on offer but I don't remember what it was. That baseball game my dad got for the N64 had Ken Griffey Jr.'s name on the title. He'd play that, while I'd play Super Mario 64 when it was my turn to play it. lol

Ah yeah, that reminds me, I did hear of Encanto quite a few times, been thinking of seeing it soon.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

Today is my 2nd anniversary of PS3 Slim machine purchase day (bought on 29 December 2019). šŸ˜€
I bought the game shop owner's PS3 Slim from his shop after some negotiation and i bought the machine with just 2,000,000 IDR.
Quite cheap for used PS3 Slim machine.
For 2 years, i enjoy to collect PS3 games more than Switch games during year 2020 and 2021.
And i have collected 40 PS3 games within 2 years.
I will keep adding more PS3 games i can find from my local online shopping website during year 2022.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@MarioLover92 Please watch Encanto! IMO it's one of if not the best Disney movie of the last ten years. Really focused, really well researched and acted and with some beautiful animation and themes. The songs are also infectious.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Fizza

@MarioLover92 For me, this Christmas was the year of Lynx. Lots, and lots, and LOTS, of Lynx.
Untitled
(But I also got Brilliant Diamond, a Guinness World Records Book and a smartwatch so I'm not complaining in the slightest)

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Zuljaras

Today I got my second dose of Moderna ... already feel weak. Just waiting for the night when all the hell will break lose.

It is like playing Dying Light IRL

Fizza

@Zuljaras Just got my booster 2 days ago as well. Haven't felt any side effects for the time being but I did make the terrible mistake of accidentally touching the area where I was jabbed when I was getting ready for bed. Now it's itching like hell lol.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic