Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 11,201 to 11,220 of 96,546

GrizzlyArctos

I looked at the author of that Miiverse post and the rest of his posts don't reflect that one post. I'm saying it's a joke.

In other news, it was my turn to take a wallaby joey we're hand-rearing home from work last night, and despite it being fine all night, I kept waking up panicking that something had happened to it, so I had to struggle through work today with very little sleep. Ah well, week off with Yoshi's Wooly World now.

Yes, I like bears.

nacho_chicken

GrizzlyArctos wrote:

I looked at the author of that Miiverse post and the rest of his posts don't reflect that one post. I'm saying it's a joke.

In other news, it was my turn to take a wallaby joey we're hand-rearing home from work last night, and despite it being fine all night, I kept waking up panicking that something had happened to it, so I had to struggle through work today with very little sleep. Ah well, week off with Yoshi's Wooly World now.

I feel so wrong. I read the first part of your post in my head with an American accent.

...the rest sounded like Crocodile Dundee.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Socar

I hate how everybody says that Miyamoto-san is no longer great because he's lost touch. If he were to hear out the ones who feel so, he'd probably be sad.

Such is life in the real world I guess.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Forged in Fire is the first reality show I could see myself getting into. It's still a little rough - seeing skilled craftsman work under a fairly unreasonable time pressure for the first challenge or two is kinda tough since they get sloppy pretty quick, and you don't really get to see where their strengths lie since it's something that pretty much requires a level head and a decent amount of time. Third challenge really saved it, since at least in the first (and currently only) episode they were given 5 days to make a Japanese katana, and both of them did great, so it was pretty intense trying to find out who would win it, and it came down to some small but incredibly important details.

If anything I was disappointed we didn't get more detail on how they made each weapon. I think if they had more time and made the third challenge the meat of the show instead of the first challenge, it would've been more interesting to me, since they kinda skimmed over a lot of things, never gave anybody even a little focus (I couldn't even keep everyone straight because they moved through the introductions too quickly) and a few of the details the judges brought up weren't even mentioned at all until the judging, including ones that went into the design of one of the Katanas' handles, which ended up being one of the deciding factors for the decision. I'll still look forward to the next episode, which I haven't said about a live TV show in years...almost a decade, actually...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

@CanisWolfred, have you tried Man at Arms/Man at Arms Reforged on YouTube? It's a series where professional blacksmiths forge weapons from popular culture (everything from American comics, to video games, to manga/anime, and more).

Just some examples, they've done the Kingdom Key, Captain America's Shield, Master Sword, Ryuko's Scissor Blade, and more.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nacho_chicken

GreatGoateeGuy wrote:

Has anyone here used a Bug-A-Salt?

What's Bug-A-Salt?

googles

Welp, looks like it's time to order something else off of Amazon.

Twitter:

RR529

Yeah, my brother & I saw a commercial for the Bug-A-Salt a few nights ago, and we were so convinced it was a joke, that we just had to go to their website to see if it was true, lol.

We now jokingly refer to it as the "Glenn Beck pest control system", lol (I mean, who other than a conservative would come up with a device that would let you solve your fly problem by shooting them with a gun).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nacho_chicken

A wild Politically-charged comment appeared!
Politically-charged comment used Passive aggresiveness!
I don't know how effective it is because I'm not going to be here to see what happens!
Untitled

Twitter:

Araquanid

RR529 wrote:

Yeah, my brother & I saw a commercial for the Bug-A-Salt a few nights ago, and we were so convinced it was a joke, that we just had to go to their website to see if it was true, lol.

We now jokingly refer to it as the "Glenn Beck pest control system", lol (I mean, who other than a conservative would come up with a device that would let you solve your fly problem by shooting them with a gun).

Untitled

Keep that away from me...

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

LyIa

This Bug-A-Salt thing looks [redacted]ing amazing.
Thank you, @GreatGoateeGuy.

all men are kings 👑

GuSolarFlare

how beautiful!!!!!!!! O¬O I need two!!!!!!!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Joeynator3000

Welp, bought my Mizore shirt...now if only I could find a shirt with my favorite School Rumble girls on it. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

veeflames

Bug-a- Salt = Splat-o-matic + N-Zap '85.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Socar

Life is depressing me. I'm stuck living with my parents, the salary that I get as a game designer isn't enough even when I'm experienced enough and I'm struggling to get what I want. I guess its probably gonna be a fact that I have to realize that I can no longer be intouch with you guys because I can't support Nintendo anymore like you guys and that's the saddest part of them all because my dream is to make games exclusively for Nintendo.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

Artwark wrote:

Life is depressing me. I'm stuck living with my parents, the salary that I get as a game designer isn't enough even when I'm experienced enough and I'm struggling to get what I want. I guess its probably gonna be a fact that I have to realize that I can no longer be intouch with you guys because I can't support Nintendo anymore like you guys and that's the saddest part of them all because my dream is to make games exclusively for Nintendo.

I am confused, why can't you support Nintendo anymore? Why can't you become a Registered Nintendo Developer?

EDIT: Your profile says you are from Indina, I don't know if it is different registration process for you but I was able to become a Wii U developer without even having made a single game, outside of school.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic