Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 741 to 760 of 3,149

Reginald

I got the best ending in Cave Story+ on Steam a few days ago. I'm a bit saddened that the achievement for the best ending is bugged and won't unlock, but I don't care enough about achievements to worry.

Reginald

Tyranexx

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - A truly excellent game, a step above the others in the original trilogy in my book. The plot was even more insane in some respects when compared to its predecessor (Pandora's/Diabolical Box), but there were slightly less plot holes in my opinion. There were some truly dark aspects in this one, as well as some interesting political undertones.

And that ending....Well, I'm not a tear-shedder normally, but those onion ninjas in my kitchen almost brought me to shed a few....

I still need to take care of some of the extra puzzles, and I'm pretty sure I want to play through the ending again.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

WiiChuck103

Recently beat Thumper on my Switch... that game gets crazy in Level 9. Gotta get to the "plus" versions of the levels soon.

Switch: SW-5078-2519-1991
3DS:0989-1913-8390
Currently Playing: Super Mario Maker 2 (MMID: QKY-VYP-NVG), Smash Ultimate, Ultimate, Baba is You (!!!), Ys VIII

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1913-8390 | Nintendo Network ID: Chuck101

Ralizah

@Tyranexx Easily the best game in the entire franchise. Not sure why, but both Layton and Ace Attorney peaked with their third games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tyranexx

@Ralizah: Agreed, though I've only played the first three thus far. I admit I had some slight misgivings until about halfway through about this one being a cut above the rest (as many have said online). I'm happy to say that my expectations were exceeded!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Oat

Recently beat Crono Trigger for the first time. My God that game is amazing. I wish it would have been included in the Snes classic mini

So zetta slow!
3DS Friend code : 0662-8265-1183
NNID: CaptainCharacter
Switch Friend code: SW-6964-7226-0016

Switch Friend Code: SW-6964-7226-0016 | 3DS Friend Code: 0662-8265-1183 | My Nintendo: Oat | Nintendo Network ID: CaptainCharacter

NintendoPete

@Ralizah
That I can recommend. After beating it I took a longer pause and now I played through it with Gunvolt. I already started with Shantae and Shovel Knight and don't know which one to choose next. They all play so differently that it is fun replaying the game. Similar to Gunvolt Burst.

NintendoPete

Anti-Matter

Miitopia just now.
Wow, it was really fast to beat the Darkest Lord.
I beat the game for 1 week to defeat the Final Boss.
Yay... ! More new places and Challenges.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

sentiententity

Just beat BOTW last night. I'm surprised I was able to beat ganon. I only had 1 row of hearts.

sentiententity

zionich

Xenoblade Chronichles X is the last game I have beat.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

WarioIsTopTier

Me and my friends beat the final boss of The Forest last night, and wow. That game has had one real journey from 'just another survival game' to what I'd honestly call a masterpiece.

I mean the ending was incredible but I think using my friends resources to build 3 gazebos was the highlight.

WarioIsTopTier

GrailUK

Beat Wonderboy Dragon's Trap this morning. A lesson on how to bring a loved 8-bit game to present consoles! Next stop...Sonic Mania...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

kkslider5552000

GrailUK wrote:

Beat Wonderboy Dragon's Trap this morning. A lesson on how to bring a loved 8-bit game to present consoles! Next stop...Sonic Mania...

This does mean you need to play Yooka Laylee or Crash N-Sane Trilogy after this, in order to keep up this linear direction in time for "games that are inspired by older games". You could even play the Ratchet and Clank remake after that! And then one of the Xbox 360 remasters on PS4/Xbox One! And then just play a new game! SIX CONSOLE GENERATIONS COMBO!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GrailUK

@kkslider5552000 LOVE IT! Yooka Laylee is day one for me!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Krull

Funnily enough, I beat Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap as well at the weekend. Really, really good game. I must admit, however, I had to look up where some of the charm stone levels were hidden. Found the Lizard-man one just fine, but Lion-man's and Mouse-man's? Forget it! Loved the final puzzle of the Hu-man charm stone level - it's a shame there weren't more such moments in the game, but it's piqued my interest for the new Wonder Boy-inspired game coming to Switch.

I'm also very close to finishing Zelda BotW, as I've finally headed into Hyrule Castle...

Edited on by Krull

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

OfNullAndVoid

Not sure if you can call it "beat", but I made it all the way to the end of Pokémon Picross. That said, I still have to get the mega-pencil so I can play the mega-evolution puzzles, and unlock alt-world, as well as complete all challenges on some puzzles. To me I look at these as extras, so I feel like I beat the game, though I can see if some don't consider it beat until every last part is done.

I have enjoyed the game though. I've played Picross games without challenges, and I feel that the challenges add an extra charm to the game. Also, I haven't spend any money on it, doing a puzzle and training a day, and unlocking areas through earned picrites. Of course, it takes a long time to finish the game that way, but it never bothered me.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

ianl579

Just finished Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I've never played the first game, but I enjoyed this one. It was a good game worth the $20 price tag, but I don't plan on gathering all the collectibles or starting another playthrough.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

shaneoh

Rimworld (PC)
I think Dwarf Fortress may have spoiled my enjoyment for other colony management games (as few as there are). While Rimworld is decent and playable in its current state, it's going to need two to three times as much content than it currently has for me to recommend it. Good thing it's still in alpha, so it's possible it may receive the level of content it needs by the time it releases.

Hitman Absolution (PC)
Blood Money set a standard which, unfortunately, Absolution wasn't able to match. The game was by no means bad, but it needed a Free-Play mode so you could use all those weapons you collected throughout the game. I didn't mind that the levels were split into multiple segments, however there needed to be more methods for completing them.

Sonic Spinball (Megadrive)
Pretty average game with too few levels.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Blue_Blur

I beat the single player mode in Splatoon 2 if that counts.

I enjoyed the singler player a lot more than in the first game, minus the final boss. The story was fine, and I found a lot of Marie's dialouge to be quite funny! While it was fun, I don't think I'll go back and try to get any of the hero weapons anytime soon... besdies the Slosher, which I already got.

About the final boss: (I'll use a spoiler tag just in case) It felt a lot more simplistic than the original's. To me, Splatoon's final boss completely stood out from the other bosses with the stage layout and difficulty, and it felt like those two key points were absent in Splatoon 2's. Having the same floor layout (like the other bosses) was a bit of a letdown from the start; I also missed the more challenging aspects the first game's final boss had. The boss wasn't ridiculously easy, but I honestly think most of the world bosses were harder... but easy doesn't mean that it wasn't fun. No disappointment with Marie being the one to save Callie or the final phase, though; loved the ending with slamming down the Rainmaker on DJ Octavio!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

krakatoamagma

Just recently beat Resident Evil 7 on the PC. Probably the best one I've played since RE2, so with that being said I'm gonna try to get 100% while on the madhouse difficulty. Wish me luck. I'll need it.

krakatoamagma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic