Forums

Topic: Where can you buy a New 3DS in 2021???

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

Rainz

So I’m trying to track one of these down and can’t seem find em anywhere? I’d prefer an unused model , sadly both my original 3DS have stopped working ! Welp!!

Rainz

Tasuki

Walmart, Target, Best Buy or any other big box retailer. Then there is Gamestop plus there's places online like Amazon.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

VoidofLight

@Rainz You can't really buy a brand new 3Ds out of the box sadly, given that they stopped making all models of the console. If you want one, the only option is just to buy a used model. Either that, or take the old 3Ds to get a repair at your local repair shop, given Nintendo abandoned repairing the systems as well.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Abeedo

If you want an unused model you'll have to find one somewhere on sites like ebay. However sellers do like to price them around 400 euro or above, so it might just be in your best interest to just get a lightly used one. It may not be the best time to get one though as the announcement of Metroid Dread has boosted up 3ds prices by a large amount. However the prices are still less than half of what you'd have to pay for a new system.

Abeedo

Eel

I would recommend to shift your focus to getting a new 2DS XL instead, since that will have better chances of appearing on an online search or retail store.

Last year, I bought one brand new at a local department store, and a regular 2DS on Amazon, too. Though I admit even these have become rarer lately.

So yeah, 3DS no, 2DS maybe.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sisilly_G

You're going to have a hard time finding them at retail as they are discontinued, but if you are really lucky, and some store has some unsold stock sitting around in their storeroom, you could wind up with quite a bargain.

I snagged a brand new Super Mario Maker Wii U bundle for only AU$99 in late 2018, I believe (it was sometime before the termination of the Wii Shop Channel). An absolute bargain. It was just sitting behind the counter one day at the home entertainment section of a local department store. Sadly, they had nothing else left.

Not too long ago, I snagged some Wii U games for $5 from the same store (Just Dance 2017 and Paper Mario: Color Splash). The young gentleman even offered me a Frozen 2 (?) DS cartridge and manual for free (the game's case was missing) but I politely declined.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Anti-Matter

@Silly_G
Since when Frozen 2 was already on NDS ? 😆
I guess the game was Divas on Ice or Princess on Ice 2.

Anti-Matter

Sisilly_G

@Anti-Matter : My mistake. I think it was Tangled, not Frozen. Either way, it was definitely a Disney property.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Rainz

@Eel

That’s something I’m taking into consideration as well! I’ll keep an eye out for the 2DS models as well, seems so crazy that the 3DS is becoming a unicorn commodity ….always seemed like they’d always be out there in the wild!

Rainz

Rainz

@WoomyNNYes

It’s pretty insane some of these online prices ..they’ll only get crazier as time passes, I’m determined I’ll be able to track one down at a reasonable price! Appreciate the heads up!

Rainz

Rainz

@Silly_G

That’s a sweet steal of a deal! Wii U’s are getting a little harder to come by as well! You may have a nice collectors item on your hands!

Rainz

Rainz

@VoidofLight

Sadly you may be right! Finding a fresh 3DS is nigh impossible but I’m hoping I can get a decent deal online or maybe it just happens organically. Hopefully I can secure one before they become unaffordable to acquire

Rainz

Sisilly_G

@Rainz : A completely unexpected find, so I was pretty chuffed.

I also bought two Xenoblade X console bundles some time after the Switch was released, but both were full price (beats inflated scalper prices at least).

Maximumbeans

Don't know if you're still looking but I find eBay is my go-to for anything like this. There are occasionally people who aren't looking to scalp you and genuinely just want to sell items for good prices.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic