Forums

Topic: NWR's Top 10 3DS Titles! (Honorable Mentions Part 2!)

Posts 101 to 120 of 229

RR529

5 has been revealed!

Mutant Mudds

4 has been revealed!

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Spoony_Tech

Well that makes me feel better as the top 3 should all be retail then if Mudds lands at 5. I hope anyways. Wow Fire Emblem only at 4. 3d land for sure maybe Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion 2 will round out the top 3

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rayword45

5: What a crockful of f**k. No way in hell that deserves 5. More like 30.
4: Haven't even played, assuming that's too low.

Kid Icarus had one 8, one 9.5 so I don't know.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Void

Morphtorok wrote:

Ahaha! Fire Emblem is number 4, inb4 "this list is wrong".

Too late, it was already said when NSMB 2 made it on the list.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

astros75

Mario Kart 7, Super Mario Land 3D and Kid Icarus would be my guess for the top 3 spots. Although I still believe theres a chance for a surprise (VVVVVV ~ Castlevania?) Could Luigis Mansion be left out?

Switch FC: 305297906526

Fav 3DS Games:
LoZ: ALBW ~ FE: Awakening ~ AC: New Leaf ~ Luigi Mansion: DM ~ Mario 3D Land ~ Smash Bros 3D

Fav Switch Games:
LoZ: BoW ~ SM Odyssey ~ MK8 ~ Arms ~ LA Noire ~ Doom

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0174-1633 | Nintendo Network ID: astros75

Geonjaha

Mutant Mudds is one place below Fire Emblem: Awakening...that's adorable.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

RR529

Well, the top 3 will undoubtedly be 1st party titles.

They said that Mutant Mudds will be the highest ranked 3rd party title on their list, and described it as the kind of magical experience that will share the same hallowed grounds as Mega Man 2 & Super Mario RPG.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Spoony_Tech

RR529 wrote:

Well, the top 3 will undoubtedly be 1st party titles.

They said that Mutant Mudds will be the highest ranked 3rd party title on their list, and described it as the kind of magical experience that will share the same hallowed grounds as Mega Man 2 & Super Mario RPG.

Wow Mutant Mudds is really that good!?!? Maybe I should go back and play it again since its legendary!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

I-U

Good to see Mutant Mudds make the Top 5. I really enjoyed playing it again and again last year, which ended up making Mudds my most played 3DS exclusive game. It fell out of the spot light for me though when Xenoblade Chronicles came out, and later New Super Mario Brothers 2. I still have the 20 DLC Granny levels to beat to again 100% the game.

I'm surprised that Fire Emblem Awakening is #4. Hopefully that means the Top 3 are Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Ralizah

I almost wish they'd troll their readers at this point by making the rest of the top five eshop games.

Mutant Mudds is placed absurdly high...

I'm sure Ocarina of Time 3D will be near the top of the list. That has got to be the most overrated game ever made, in all its forms.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

DarkCoolEdge

They are not bad games but there is no way in hell NSMB2 and Mutant Mudds deserve to be in that list. Putting any of them and leave out Castlevania (it's not gonna make it) is insulting.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

I-U

Ralizah wrote:

I'm sure Ocarina of Time 3D will be near the top of the list. That has got to be the most overrated game ever made, in all its forms.

If I wasn't giving original games bonus points, I wouldn't mind their top 3 being Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Super Mario 3D Land and Ocarina of Time 3D, leaving Mario Kart 7 out. The experience of Ocarina of Time is fantastic, one of the best on the system.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Ralizah

I-U wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

If I wasn't giving original games bonus points, I wouldn't mind their top 3 being Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Super Mario 3D Land and Ocarina of Time 3D, leaving Mario Kart 7 out. The experience of Ocarina of Time is fantastic, one of the best on the system.

It's excellent, but there are far better games on the system, in my opinion.

Maybe a lack of nostalgia is to blame. Until 2011 I'd never even played OoT in any form.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

OptometristLime

Ralizah wrote:

Overrated is itself an overused term. Had you not said this:

Ralizah wrote:

It's excellent, but there are far better games on the system, in my opinion.

Maybe a lack of nostalgia is to blame. Until 2011 I'd never even played OoT in any form.

I would have taken you for a heretic.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

rayword45

From a completely objective standpoint, Ocarina of Time is far too flawed as a game to be the number 1 all-time game.

Poor design showing in the Water Temple is first, but OOT3D fixed that.

Still, we have the bizarre design choices (running being slower then backflips/sidejumps), the bad level design at times (not all of it, mainly Master Quest), annoying backtracking, etc;

And the main problem I have with the 3DS version is that by 3DS game standards it's not very pretty. They left so many areas untouched. Star Fox 64 3D did a much better job of upgrading the graphics.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.