Announced for Switch earlier in the year, it's been confirmed in the latest Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase that management and political sim Tropico 6 is coming to Nintendo's console on 6th November.
The game debuted on PC in March last year before jumping to other consoles in September 2019. Taking on the role of "El Presidente", Switch players will enjoy an exclusive palace design, a flamingo pond, and "a tourist costume for El Prez".
You can check out the trailer above and read through are some of the features from the Nintendo UK game page below:
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customise the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
The game is available for pre-order right now, with the digital version having a 10% discount, which brings it down to £40.49 / 44.99€. Let us know below if you're excited to step into El Presidente's shoes on Switch.
From the trailer, this looked worse graphically than i expected :/. I'll still take it, i love city builders and the Switch is so lacking in that area.
I don't know how this looked on the other consoles but this looked truly terrible in what they showed. You would hope the thing runs buttery smooth given how downgraded it must be visually.
Very interested, last time I played was back in the 90's on a PC. If people can worship pixelated classics and pixelated indie shovelware, I can live with a pixelated Tropico - as long as the gameplay is good.
At least they are not lying when it comes to footage and screenshots I guess ...
Citys skyline done a great job, civilization also. But this? Its just putting everything on lowest settings and release it. Looks horrible.
I will wait to see if it is a good port...wait I have it in PC, nevermind. Day 1 buy!
This game looked like fish crap.
playstation 1 graphics?
I can attest that the game itself is awesome and will be awesome to take with me portably.
@StefanN Too bad we don't get this:
The game looks to be an interesting sim like Civlization VI, but the graphical quality of the Direct trailer was terrible...
I hope they've been improving it before launch, even the Switch is much more capable than that.
Viva Tropico! Vote El Presidente! Or else...
@Yanina awwww don't pour salt into the wound please, that game looks great :/. But I've been revisiting Cities: Skylines recently and really enjoying it, so there's that
I love the Tropico series and would love to have this on Switch. But it is more than twice as expensive on Switch compared to other consoles. Ridiculous pricing, so I won’t be buying.
Tap here to load 15 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...