Independent developer Greenboy Games will release a brand new game for the Game Boy this year after a Kickstarter campaign generated more than $28,000 to help make the project a reality.
The game in question is Where Is My Body?, an 8-bit point-and-click adventure inspired by the likes of Maniac Mansion. Players take on the role of a hand which has to solve a number of mysteries, with gameplay taking place across two chapters. Dan Puch of Greenboy Games says that "we are very proud to have exceeded every expectation" surrounding the campaign.
In a nice touch, the game will be available to buy on both Western and Japanese cartridges, packed in regional-specific boxes with a manual included.
- 8-bit classic point and click adventure for Nintendo Game Boy.
- Take on the role of a hand which has to solve different mysteries to find its body.
- Inspired by classic adventures of the '90s such as Maniac Mansion.
- Available in both Western and Japanese cartridges packed in regional specific
boxes with manual.
- Compatible with all Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance handhelds.
If you missed the Kickstarter campaign, you can pre-order a copy here. The game's aiming for an October release.
Do you still play on your trusty DMG? Are you keen to try out new experiences on the aging handheld? LEt us know in the comments.