Graffiti Games and Guin Entertainment have revealed that Adventures of Chris, a new and upcoming platformer, will be launching on Switch this summer.
You'll be playing as the titular Chris, a "chubby underdog kid with wacky superpowers", taking on platforming challenges and villains aplenty. Chris has an intriguing skill set to see him through, including the ability to transform into a balloon, shoot fireballs, and more, and the whole adventure seems to be coated with a nice dollop of comedy.
Set in the greatest year ever, 1995, protagonist Chris is kidnapped, mocked and transformed into a balloon, but manages to escape by floating off on a global adventure. Driven by determination, superpowers such as fireballs, and most importantly cookies, Chris is on a mission to defeat the forces of villainy to save children from around the world and make it home in time for dessert. Inspired by ‘90s cartoons, Adventures of Chris is chock-full of humour and invigorating combat that players will use to transform Chris from a weak kid into the ultimate hero.
Want more? Here's a feature list:
- Uncover a sinister story in a quirky, cartoon-like universe.
- Explore 9 locations around the world in any order you please, plus the Kingdom of Lost Balloons and more!
- Build Chris from a weak kid into the ultimate underdog hero by upgrading him with unique special moves and abilities that you can customize to your style.
- Learn (or purchase) increasingly powerful spells and techniques.
- Battle bizarre villains across the globe, including samurai cats, cyborg penguins and whiny vampires.
- Float or fall through unique platforming challenges.
- Two additional full game modes, including bonus content - a more difficult and humorous Mean Mode, and Developer Commentary.
- A variety of unlockable content and secrets to discover, including an in-depth backstory.
- Numerous difficulty settings, including "Ridiculously Easy" for players who prefer to never die, and "Hard for No Reason" for crazy people.
- Snort out loud with a game chock-full of laughs.
We'll make sure to keep an eye out for a specific release date as and when the time comes, but until then, make sure to let us know what you think with a comment below.