Soedesco and developer PixelHive have today announced Kaze and the Wild Masks for Nintendo Switch.
The game has had a console release in mind since early development, and PixelHive CEO, André Schaan, says that "both the Steam and console versions will truly complement the game in their own way." It features hand-animated pixel-art graphics, side-scrolling action, and a rabbit protagonist who can run, jump, and utilise powers granted by wearable masks.
In Kaze and the Wild Masks, you journey through the Crystal Islands in 90’s classics platformer style. Play as Kaze and save your friend Hogo from a curse that spread chaos around the islands. Face enraged living vegetables by invoking the powers of the Wild Masks. Pounce ferociously like a tiger, soar through the sky like an eagle, sprint fiercely like a lizard and rule the sea like a shark.
Here's a feature list for you:
- Unleash the skills of the wild masks to get powers from the tiger, eagle, lizard and shark
- Uncover the secrets of the Crystal Islands in 30+ levels with over 50 bonus levels
- Relive your childhood memories of classic platformers with high quality frame by frame pixel art
- Pave your way through a satisfyingly smooth, but challenging platformer
- Refresh your ears with 25+ tracks inspired by the musical themes of the 16-bit era
There's no specific release date for this one just yet, but we do know that both digital and physical versions are in the works.
Let us know if you can see yourself hopping into this one with a comment below.