A brand new video game event set to star a number of indie developers and publishers has been announced. Called the Guerrilla Collective, the show will take place next month in June at around the time we'd ordinarily be enjoying E3.
Said to feature an "unprecedented coalition of studios, publishers, and media reveals", the show will be hosted by Kinda Funny’s Greg Miller. It's part of a three-day celebration which will kick off on 6th June, with the Guerrilla Collective event set to be followed by The PC Gaming Show and the Future Games Show.
According to a press release, the show will include the latest news, reveals, trailers, gameplay demos, and more "for every platform", so we can expect some of the content on offer to be relevant for Switch owners. The list of indie studios taking part is pretty impressive:
- 11 bit studios (credits include Frostpunk, This War of Mine)
- Another Indie (SIMULACRA 2, Yuppie Psycho)
- Coffee Stain Studios (Satisfactory, Deep Rock Galactic)
- Fellow Traveller (In Other Waters, Neo Cab)
- Funcom (Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, Conan Exiles)
- Good Shepherd Entertainment (John Wick Hex, The Eternal Cylinder)
- Headup (Bridge Constructor Portal, Pumpkin Jack)
- Humble Publishing (Temtem, Forager)
- Larian Studios (Baldur’s Gate III, Divinity: Original Sin II)
- Modern Wolf (Necronator: Dead Wrong, Out There: Oceans of Time)
- Paradox Interactive (Cities: Skylines, Stellaris)
- Raw Fury (Kingdom Two Crowns, Atomicrops)
- Rebellion (Sniper Elite 4, Zombie Army 4: Dead War)
- Those Awesome Guys (Monster Prom, Move or Die, Floppy Knights)
- Thunderful (SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech, Lonely Mountains: Downhill)
- United Label (Eldest Souls, Röki)
- Versus Evil (The Banner Saga, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire)
- Whitethorn Games (Aground, StarCrossed)
- WINGS Interactive (Later Daters, Lord Winklebottom Investigates)
- Ysbryd Games (WORLD OF HORROR, VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action)
- ZA/UM (Disco Elysium)
- And more coming soon...
The shows starts at 10am PT / 1pm ET on 6th June and will be streamed live on Twitch.
Any names in that list catch your eye? Here's hoping for one or two exciting Switch reveals.
At first glance, that looked like a yellow gamecube logo
I've never seen the "Wow, no comments yet... why not be the first?" watermark until today. That's a neat little detail that only one person would see lol
Lol i had exactly the same
This sounds pretty exciting! Though this is usually the time of year when we start getting E3 leaks and hype starts to build for the first week in June.. sadly not this year though 😞
@majkdaryn you OK?
@LetsGoSwitch I've just seen you put this!! My thoughts too
Not sure if I'll bother watching but I love me some indie games so I look forward to seeing what's revealed for Switch either way.
@majkdaryn Well that's one of the stranger comments I've read here.
If these are certainly going on every platform then that's a lot of developers.
This will be something to see.
@majkdaryn That doesn't explain why you are fighting with yourself though.
At first glance, I thought this was Guerrilla Games - i.e. one of Sony's studios. And I was very confused.
Poor name choice
@majkdaryn I think there's a few of us a little confused here, but I am genuinely curious. Did Greg Miller tell you not to make manga for a living? Because if so, to hell with him.
Should be interesting.
I had my phone's greyscale on (makes screen black & white) so that logo looks almost identical to the GameCube logo and the G and C letters are not helping, i wonder if they could get in trouble for this? Seems like a plagiarized logo to me...
Go Woke, Go Broke Guerilla Collective!
Tap here to load 17 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...