Sid Meier's Civilization VI is set to be treated to more DLC than one person could ever possibly need, with a brand new season pass - called the New Frontier Pass - being announced this week.
A developer update video has been shared (see above) to give you a glimpse at what to expect, but we also have full details for you below. The New Frontier Pass is set to add six premium add-on packs over the next year, adding eight new civilizations, nine new leaders, and a variety of new gameplay content to the game in the process.
The packs are planned to launch every couple of months starting from May 2020:
- Pack #1: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack. Adds two new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode*, new City-States, Resources, and Natural Wonders. Available May 2020.
- Pack #2: Ethiopia Pack. Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode**, one new District and two new Buildings. Available July 2020.
- Pack #3: Adds two new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode**, new World Wonders, and one new map. Available September 2020.
- Pack #4: Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new City-States, and numerous new Great People. Available November 2020.
- Pack #5: Adds one new civilization and two new leaders***, one new game mode, a new District, and two new Buildings. Available January 2021.
- Pack #6: Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new World Wonders, and one new map. Available March 2021.
That's not all, though, because six additional free updates are also in the works. These updates are set to include balance changes and free content, among "other surprises", so make sure to keep an eye out for those in-between all of DLC releases mentioned above.
Excited to check all of this out? The New Frontier Pass will cost $40 with the first DLC pack set to go live on 21st May.