Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition has been given a solid release date for Nintendo Switch. You'll be able to get your hands on it from 23rd January 2020.
The news comes from this week's Tokyo Game Show, with Square Enix sharing a brand new trailer for the game ahead of the main event. You can check it out for yourself above; it also confirms that there will be new character voice-overs, new online multiplayer for up to four players, cross-play, and more.
If you're unfamiliar with the game, this remastered release is a remake of the classic GameCube title which launched back in 2004. It tasks players with travelling the world in search of 'myrrh' which is used to fuel crystals protecting the world's settlements from the poisonous Miasma. Starting in their home village, the protagonists go on a journey to find rare trees which produce this fuel, exploring dungeons along the way.
· Updated Visuals and Audio – Experience the world of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES in stunning new ways, with upgraded graphics and audio updates enhancing the magical adventure like never before.
· New Character Voiceovers – Playable heroes come to life with brand-new voiceovers as they cast spells and battle ferocious monsters.
· New Online Multiplayer – Play online with up to three friends to overcome the dangerous monsters and dungeons that fill the world*. No players are left behind, as FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition supports cross-play functionality.
· New Dungeons and Bosses – Challenging new dungeons and bosses have been added to the game, allowing for even more fun and exciting gameplay opportunities.
· New Character Appearances and Items – Stand out with brand-new looks and artefacts to equip and use throughout your magical journey.
It was originally planned to launch later this year, but we can't complain too much about a January release now can we?
Excited for this one? Let us know below.