Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console in Japan in May, meaning that it has now outsold all other platforms for 15 months in a row.
Famitsu has released a report containing data which combines all chart figures released throughout May (which technically covers 29th April - 26th May). According to Famitsu's estimates, Nintendo's machine shifted 141,953 units over that time in Japan, comfortably beating the sales of its closest rival, the PlayStation 4.
The report also covers the best-selling games and publishers of the month. We've shared each category for you below.
Best-selling hardware, May 2019 (Japan)
1) Nintendo Switch - 141,953 (Last month: 183,397 sales, 1st place)
2) Playstation 4 (including PS4 Pro) - 49, 205 (Last month: 51,177 sales, 2nd place)
Best-selling software, May 2019 (Japan)
1) Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Interactive Entertainment - 56,689
2) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - Nintendo - 51,011
3) Minecraft (Switch) - Microsoft Japan - 42,774
4) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) - Nintendo - 40,605
5) New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Switch) - Nintendo - 36,329
Number of sales achieved by publisher, May 2019 (Japan)
1) Nintendo - 326,000
2) Bandai Namco Entertainment - 88,000
3) Sony Interactive Entertainment - 84,000
It looks like Switch's success will continue until a new hardware rival enters the fray - perhaps the upcoming PS5? Either way, the future sure looks bright for Nintendo in the Land of the Rising Sun.