Update: It has been confirmed that Dead or School is getting a physical release in Japan on August 29th.
Here are some gameplay details, direct from the developer:
- Defeat enemies, grow your own character. Collect items, create your own most powerful weapons! Hack and Slash X Girl's action
- Gear obtain with money or gears, disassemble weapons, collect parts, customize your own weapons, and enhance your abilities. Mix and match the parts. Unlimited possibilities to customize your equipment; Attack, Weight, Rare effects...
- Gain many skills by advancing the player's level. Dynamic actions become possible, when various weapon skills are combined. Make your own unique character!
- Notice the changes in the player, when a certain level of damage is received. Pay attention to your status, caused by damaged clothes
- Increasing your collection raises your parameters. Various souvenirs scattered around, people in need of assistance... Try to collect a variety of items within the game!
- Shinjuku, Asakusa, Akihabara and Roppongi... Save Tokyo's towns that are filled with Zombies. “Here I come! On an underground train!”
- Now gigantic monsters rule the ground above. A monster with a body of steel, Asakusa's Sensoji temple is occupied by thunder gods... Don't let tough enemies attack you and get in your way!
- Various action moves: Grab onto steel frames, get in and out of your enemies range, clear difficult stages, move on to the next level
Original Story: Currently in early access on Steam, Dead or School is a crazy side-scrolling hack and slash featuring RPG elements and starring a girl named Hisako who must reclaim Tokyo after zombies have conquered the land.
If this premise excites you, the good news is the title has just been announced for the Nintendo Switch. It was developed over a period of several years by a three-man team at Studio Nanafushi.
The gameplay is relatively straightforward - with the task being to defeat enemies, develop your character's skills, collect items, create powerful weapons and save the many areas around Tokyo. You can expect to fight a ton of enemies in a variety of action-packed locations.
At this point in time, a release date has not been announced. Take a look at the game's amusing launch trailer below and tell us in the comments if you would be interested in eventually playing this on your Switch.
Please note that some links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.