Lost Orbit: Terminal Velocity is set to arrive on Nintendo Switch and other platforms on 16th July, it has been confirmed.
A definitive edition of the game which first appeared on Steam back in 2015, Lost Orbit: Terminal Velocity has players boosting, swimming, bouncing, leaping, smashing and teleporting their way through a myriad of obstacles. There are 65 "intense" levels to blast through, spread across five systems. The game features the option to upgrade your abilities as you progress.
Even if you've already played the original game, there's plenty of new content to get stuck into. A press release for the new title has revealed the following:
- Drill through asteroids, but make sure to not overheat.
- Smash into explosives to send them flying in obstacles and space pirates to clear the way.
- Dodge mines, laser fences, spikes and other space pirate traps!
- Grind and change rails to easily pass by obstacles.
- Explore 12 new story-driven levels in a brand-new solar system!
- Clear a path for an out of control starship.
- Escape pirates in an intense boss chase.
- Sneak and smash your way through an old space mine.
- Try your skills at over 15 new and extremely challenging levels!
The following screenshots have been taken from the Switch version of the game.
As noted above, the game will be available on Switch from 16th July, with pricing set at $9.99. One to keep an eye on?