The above trailer for the previously announced Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince has has given us a first look at the upcoming sequel to the action puzzle-platform series.
Selius, the prince from the title, is missing and it's up to the old heroes from the Astral Academy (Zoya, Amadeus and Pontius from the previous games) to get the band back together after several years apart and find the prince before his nightmares manifest in the real world with predictably negative results.
Here's a list of highlighted features from developer Frozenbyte, notably including four-player local and online co-op:
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles - solo or with friends - that featurefire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes' own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
The screenshots certainly look lovely, although there are no Switch-specific shots available as of yet. The game is lined up for an 'Autumn 2019' release date and the Switch version will set you back £29.99/€34.99 - £5/€5 more than other platforms.
Have you enjoyed the previous games in the series? Looking forward to this one and its four-player co-op? Share your thoughts in the comments.