THQ Nordic has revealed that the recently announced Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Owltimate Edition will make its way to Switch on 25th September.
The game is 2D platformer in which players can transform protagonist Giana into a punk version of herself at the press of a button, completely changing the game’s star, the soundtrack, and the world around you. Giana’s punk persona is critical to overcoming obstacles and solving particularly tricky situations; in her sweet and innocent form, Giana whirls gracefully over obstacles and opponents, but when "punked up", she smashes through stone blocks with mighty dashes and can master her environment by bouncing off walls.
The Owltimate Edtion contains the original Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams as well as all existing DLC, including Rise Of The Owlverlord. Five brand-new levels and new story cutscenes between each level have also been added, alongside new tracks from German composer Chris Huelsbeck and the Swedish band Machinae Supremacy. Here's a full list of features to give you some more information:
- Impressive abilities: Negotiate tricky level design by wall-running, vaulting and smashing your way through the world, ignoring gravity in the process
- Intuitive and precise controls: Giana’s powers are numerous, but slick controls enable you to master her skills and pull off expert-level manoeuvres with ease
- Jaw-dropping worlds: Fantastical, transforming 2D worlds drawn in sumptuous 3D come to life on Nintendo Switch
- Explore and discover: Pick apart 40 thrilling, secret-filled levels brimming with challenges and surprises
- Innovative gadgets: Navigate evolving landscapes by utilizing everything around you – fly with bubble gum bubbles, bounce on springs and supercharge your sprints via conveyor belts
- Epic boss battles: Push yourself to the limits as you battle gigantic creatures from the depths of Giana’s worst nightmares
We also have a collection of screenshots from the Wii U version of the game.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Owltimate Edition will be available on Switch for $29,99 / €29,99 / £29,99 when it launches later this month.
Will you be picking this one up?