Indie publisher Digerati has confirmed Fall of Light: Darkest Edition's release date on Switch - and we don't have very long to wait. The game will be available directly from the Nintendo eShop on 23rd August.
The game is a story-driven action RPG set within a world consumed by darkness. You play as Nyx, an old warrior who has embarked on a dangerous journey with his daughter, Aether, an ‘indigo child’ who radiates luminescence. Your quest is to reach the last place on Earth still touched by sunlight, but you'll need each other's help; both characters are stronger together, so you'll want to protect Aether along the way.
The original release launched on Steam back in 2017, but this console exclusive Darkest Edition features all of the original content as well as an all-new dungeon to explore, complete with new enemies, traps, and weapons. Here's a feature list of things you can expect to find:
- 20 different battle stances: get ready to face hordes of shadowy enemies!
- 10 weapon classes: pick your favorite combo of close-range weapons, crossbows, and shields
- All-new dungeon: complete with new enemies and dangers, exclusive to the Darkest Edition
- Protect Aether: her light pierces the darkness and you are stronger together, so keep her safe!
- Unlock hidden secrets: learn more about the history and lore of Nyx’s world
- Supports the following languages: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese-Brazil, Simplified Chinese, Hungarian
What do you think? Will you be picking this one up when it lands on Switch next week? Let us know with a comment.