Galak-Z: Variant S has now launched on Nintendo Switch with one intriguing surprise, being made available as a free download rather than sticking to its original $9.99 price point.
Towards the end of last month, we reported on the fact that the game had mysteriously missed its release date after an inconspicuous delay. As it turns out, we needn't have worried too much about the galactic mech shooter hitting the platform - and mobile devices, too - as it's now available to download free of charge.
The game features a story-driven campaign and intense combat action as players collect upgrades, salvage, relics, and Bots to max out their spaceship’s potential and boost their Mech’s combat effectiveness - all in a bid to become the highest ranked pilot in the galaxy. There will be in-game purchases available to make up for the free-to-play change, with 'Crash Coins' being available to purchase in various increments. Here's a full feature list:
- To Infinity and Be Gone - Vanquish the galaxy’s most dubious enemies and fight your way through the Baron’s army of Imperial goons as you juke, blast, and hack your way through tightly-packed, beautifully-crafted environments with your nimble piloting skills
- Galactic Mech Battles - Transform into a Mech and take on the galaxy with your trusty laser sword in gripping, close-quarters combat
- Go, Fight, Win! - Clash with player-created squads in the Bot Battle League and earn trophies to reap better rewards in asynchronous multiplayer
- Another Man’s Trash… - Collect salvage, relics, and Bots scattered across the cosmos to upgrade your spaceship and Mech to maximize your combat-readiness
- Portable Action - Experience true gaming thrills as you blast and survive through a rich campaign with over a hundred endlessly replayable missions all on the Nintendo Switch and iOS and Android devices
If you like the look of this one from its E3 trailer above, you may as well give it a go for the extremely cheap price of 'free'.
If you do give it a try, make sure to share your thoughts with us in the comments below.