Nintendo's strong relationship with one of the world's most famous fast food brands continues with the news that McDonald's in Japan is getting a fresh batch of Super Mario Happy Meal toys.
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Toad and Boo all feature in this new wave of plastic things, with GoNintendo reporting the following technical details:
- Mario makes a jumping sound effect
- Mini-Mario can jump and make a star appear
- Luigi has a button to make him spin
- Peach has a spinning umbrella and 5 stickers
- Toad raises/lowers his arms
- Boo has a tongue that moves when you roll him on a surface
- Bowser has a spinning clown car
This news gives us the perfect excuse to republish this video - we're still waiting for the Pulitzer to turn up. It must have gotten lost in the post.